Support Forums

Full Version: Extremely nervous from teeth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay well 1-2 years ago I had a root canal performed on my left-back tooth, and when I did that, I fainted right after.

I usually faint when I'm at dentist and I take annystejh- whatever it's called, it makes your teeth numb.

So I forgot to go back to the dentist, for about a 2 years (I was supposed to go within 6 months or so), and then my tooth started to bug me... first half of my tooth fell out, then the middle part, then the right part (all happened over 4-5 months)

And now, just now the last part of my tooth fell out, I don't really care because I had lost it anyways... (it was made of some type of concrete mass)

But whenever I put my tongue on that tooth, all I can feel is pure rough mass.

I'm freaked out atm, because I can't go to the dentist, I'll faint... and I really want to remove this

Doctors keep saying just to take the annystej- whatever it's called.. and go through with it, I say no.

Help? Any methods on keeping calm or something?
Please be aware that a dentist is more concerned about hurting you than you are concerned about getting hurt (pain wise).
Only thing I can probably give you advice on is, Try to get a dentist that you will feel comfortable with.
Don't make a temporary problem become permanent.
You have a phobia, and I bet it's not so much of the needles, drilling etc... it could be the noise that the work on your teeth make.
Calm yourself down in the dentist chair with some dark shades, close your eyes, bring an ipod, turn the volume up and relax.
it will be over before you know it.
(11-16-2011, 02:37 AM)New York City Wrote: [ -> ]Please be aware that a dentist is more concerned about hurting you than you are concerned about getting hurt (pain wise).
Only thing I can probably give you advice on is, Try to get a dentist that you will feel comfortable with.
Don't make a temporary problem become permanent.
You have a phobia, and I bet it's not so much of the needles, drilling etc... it could be the noise that the work on your teeth make.
Calm yourself down in the dentist chair with some dark shades, close your eyes, bring an ipod, turn the volume up and relax.
it will be over before you know it.

Lol that's a good idea, but I ALWAYS faint at the end no matter what, when I finished this root canal, I was fine... then the dentist was saying some crap about candy, that's all I remembered, then I woke up about 3 mins later.
It's ... hidden nervous I guess.
You have to go to the dentist, man. When it comes to your health, you can get really messed up.
Ask them to send you to thorough sleep before they do it. If your asleep, you won't feel anything and you can't faint since your already asleep.
This happened to me when I was younger, I had a break down in the dentist and got myself banned from there, I really regret it now, just go.
You can go to a type of Dentist where they use gases to put you out.
You won't even know what happened.
(11-20-2011, 02:26 PM)User Bars Wrote: [ -> ]You can go to a type of Dentist where they use gases to put you out.
You won't even know what happened.

I think OP is more in shock after the procedure. He has a phobia for dentist. The reality hits him after he's done.
-All though there are drugs that can help get through this when you are done, make you mellow and calm with out any anxiety. You would need to ask your dentist in advance what is suitable for you-
Best thing would be to get it removed or get a new tooth added man. Just get the 'happy gas' and you won't even remember. Trust me, Had a micro operation on my elbow - Woke up 16 hours later in about 2-3 seconds. It's god damn amazing.