Support Forums

Full Version: XML php troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have built a simple CMS for an IIS system that does not have MySQL installed. It uses the PHP simple XML module to store and handle data.

My problem is that on the IIS system it always throws an error whenever it encounters:

Code:

On my apache testing system I still get this error if I deliberatley put one in but by default when updating it won't put it in. Any advice?
If anyone can help me with this there will be at the very least +rep because not even google seems to be able to help me here and you will have definitely proved you know your stuff.

Bump.
At least you used Google! Wish I could help, but all I can do is bump Sad
Maybe someone can help me by answering this as I am a little unsure, will htmlspecialchars() convert:
Code:

to:

PHP Code:

(10-30-2009, 07:35 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe someone can help me by answering this as I am a little unsure, will htmlspecialchars() convert:
Code:

to:

PHP Code:
 \  

No htmlspecialchars() will convert   to &160;

For the main problem I don't know try posting the code where the error is happening.
also if you don't have error_reporting enabled, enable it.
PHP Code:
// put on top of your main php code
error_reporting(E_ALL); 
It doesn't throw an error though, what happens is it updates fine but then returns to the page list and throws an error there because it has encountered an invalid character.

(10-31-2009, 07:11 AM)NinjaGeek Wrote: [ -> ]No htmlspecialchars() will convert   to &160;
That might do the trick though because I know it doesn't have a problem with &160; and that effectively is & #160; because & just represents the & and gets converted back. Then I can use the htmlspecialchars_decode to decode it all.

My only problem is that this system has to be really reliable as I won't have access to the system in the future (cooperate intranet so once I have finished the job it will be difficult to change things), can you think of any other characters that I may not have encountered yet that will cause issues?