Support Forums

Full Version: Getting nervous, REALLY nervous.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I've been dating this girl for about a week, we've been talking for a while and I really like her. Now, I almost NEVER get nervous. My background in sports and public speaking has made built up a lot of confidence in situations like this.

I've had to make speeches in front of my whole district, high school, and so on.. never been nervous. I am not trying to brag, but give you an idea of my background. I'm somewhat "popular", I've had girlfriends and so on, but I've never been nervous them.

The first few days I started talking to her, I would get nauseated, feeling like it was rooting from being nervous. I pushed it off, saying I had a bug or something. But it's been two weeks, and I only feel this way when I'm about to go out with her or something.

I'm NOT familiar with being nervous, I grew up my whole life regularly being put in "nerve wrecking" situations.. so I never really experienced. HOW can I combat this?

I feel stupid asking a forum, but I really appreciate it. Thanks!
I mean what makes you so nervous is the first place? It is about a subject/topic she brings up, or are you lying about something? You can't just get nervous other nothing, can you?
Maybe shes different? Personality wise, is she any different from your other girlfriends?
I may have gone through some of those things you had.

I remember back when Junior year started for me, I get so nervous since I haven't seen most of the people for months.
I even started shaking a bit and it was embarrassing .

What I would do is just relax and drink some water and think to myself that everyone else is feeling the same.
I would tell her that you feel nervous around pretty girls. That would help boost your confidence.
It's because you actually have feelings for her. You're nervous because you don't want to screw things up, and want to be with her.
I went though the same thing early in my relationship. I was leader of the robotics team for my school, and would have to give speeches and talk to CEOs of like BAE and Lockheed Martin to get us money so pretty much the team relied on whether or not I could present us well enough.. and it never made nervous, as soon as I started talking to my current g/f I would get light headed and feel sick even while just texting her or talking on facebook. I would guess it is normal, but that is just me, you are not the only one that it happens to.
Just try to take a deep breath, and just roll with the conversation. The more you talk to her, the easier it will get.
Tell me about it.
I find time spent with girls however are less nerve racking than my Spanish presentation.
Get tipsy, that always helps with confidence Tongue
Pages: 1 2