Support Forums

Full Version: Trust issues...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well my trust issues are a little extreme, and i really don't know why. I can't trust anyone, honestly. Not even my own parents. The only person i can trust, but not fully trust, is my girlfriend.

This has created a lot of other issues, such as anxiety and panic attacks. But no matter how much i try, i still can't trust anyone. I try my best to trust my girlfriend atleast, but it doesn't always work that well...

I almost panic if my mom or stepdad walks behind my back with a knife or something, i can't leave a glass of water by the tv if my mom or stepdad are there, not even just to go to the bathroom. I won't drink it since i think they did something with it.

Those trust issues are really becoming a problem for me. Im able to live with it in general, but when it comes to not being able to trust my own girlfriend it goes too far. I do trust her a lot more than i trust anyone else, but i can't trust her to a 100%. This is hurting both me and my girlfriend, and i wonder what my mom would feel if she knew that her own son thinks she wants to kill him.

This is extremely serious, and im suffering a lot emotionally from this. I need help, but im lost, i don't know what to do...
You should trust your parents always. If you don't trust anyone this may cause issues in the future. You need to learn to trust people Smile
(11-08-2011, 06:45 AM)AMD Wrote: [ -> ]You should trust your parents always. If you don't trust anyone this may cause issues in the future. You need to learn to trust people Smile

I can't trust anyone. I didn't write the thread to see who i should be able to trust, i wrote it to get help, or advice on what i could do. I want to trust people, especially my girlfriend.

How do you trust someone if you've never trusted someone ever in your life?
(11-08-2011, 06:52 AM)Zyx Wrote: [ -> ]I can't trust anyone. I didn't write the thread to see who i should be able to trust, i wrote it to get help, or advice on what i could do. I want to trust people, especially my girlfriend.

How do you trust someone if you've never trusted someone ever in your life?
You get to know em. People who you shouldn't trust are people who hurt other people. IF you get to know someone and feel safe around that person then there trust able. As long as the person nice and you like them then that is a very good sign.
You don't get it, do you? I know a lot of people, and even though i know them, i can't trust them. I don't trust them for no reason. My girlfriend did nothing to make me doubt her or anything, she did nothing to lose my trust, and i still can't trust her. She's amazing and i know i should be able to trust her, but i seriously can't. I've tried for more than 4 months, i even tried to hold all my feelings inside, wich led to anxiety attacks.

I honestly feel like something is wrong with me...
To succeed in life, you need to trust some people.
Its hard to find someone to trust nowadays. Don't just give your trust away because you feel someone should have it. Don't worry, someone will do something to earn your trust, just wait.
(11-10-2011, 04:04 PM)Represent Wrote: [ -> ]Its hard to find someone to trust nowadays. Don't just give your trust away because you feel someone should have it. Don't worry, someone will do something to earn your trust, just wait.
I have to agree with Represent on this one too. You always have to wait for the person to actually show they mean for the trust that they want from you.

I feel the same way. I don't trust anyone except for myself.
I think you should see a shrink. Although you may not trust him, they probly know good ways to help.
Pages: 1 2