Support Forums

Full Version: Ratting on my friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was talking to some of my friends at gym today; they were saying there was a huge party with drinks, wine, alcohol all sorts of crap. one of the kids apparently had 6 bottles of beer; my friend also said he had to hide a garbage bag filled with $80 worth of beer and wine in a neighbor's trash can.
Mind you these are all sophomores in high school.
I'm torn between ratting them out and keeping it to myself; they're my friends. I don't want them to ditch me or trash me because i did the right thing.
thoughts?
thanks.
I don't see what the problem is? Maybe because I'm from England where 13 year old kids drink more than that.
What would anybody gain from you ratting them out?
(11-07-2011, 11:44 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see what the problem is? Maybe because I'm from England where 13 year old kids drink more than that.
What would anybody gain from you ratting them out?
I see where your opinion lies... I suppose what you're used to is different from what I'm used to so sorry if that comes as a shock to you :/ No offense intended.
And by me ratting them out they could just target me for it, get them in trouble with the police, the law, and make their lives miserable.
(11-07-2011, 12:07 PM)D3xus Wrote: [ -> ]I see where your opinion lies... I suppose what you're used to is different from what I'm used to so sorry if that comes as a shock to you :/ No offense intended.
And by me ratting them out they could just target me for it, get them in trouble with the police, the law, and make their lives miserable.

If ratting them out will only have negative affects, then is it really worth it?
(11-07-2011, 12:27 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]If ratting them out will only have negative affects, then is it really worth it?
Well I want/wanted to do the right thing, morally.
I think the best thing you can do, would be to talk to your friends and let them know that you felt uncomfortable about them drinking a lot. Maybe they'll understand and be more careful in future.

I think drinking is fine as long as you're with people you trust, and you don't go overboard. If the most somebody had was 6 bottles then it sounds as if they were drinking fairly responsibly.
Communication is always the key. Go talk to your friends about it. Instead of calling the authorities and 'ratting' them out, you could just talk to them so they may change.
Good luck!~

- Xuanson
(11-07-2011, 12:35 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]I think the best thing you can do, would be to talk to your friends and let them know that you felt uncomfortable about them drinking a lot. Maybe they'll understand and be more careful in future.

I think drinking is fine as long as you're with people you trust, and you don't go overboard. If the most somebody had was 6 bottles then it sounds as if they were drinking fairly responsibly.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Thumbsup Thanks a bunch.
I wouldn't really rat on them.. If they're your friends I suppose, just let it go?
I can't believe I just read this :O

Few beers won't kill 'em, in my country drinking at 12-13 is normal (in reasonable amounts)
Pages: 1 2