Support Forums

Full Version: Modem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using right now XP.
i have a problem with my modem. when it starts on it dosen't recogznie my Lan, it takes 10 - 15 mins to recognize it also i tried my modem on other computer and it recognized in secs
What would be the problem ? Thanks.
Try updating your drivers and try to make sure the wire isn't loose.
Did this start happening recently? Or from when you bought the PC/modem?
Take a quick look at what your computer is loading at startup. Use Autoruns and review what is in the Logon tab. Anything you don't need to load, disable (untick the box) or delete (right click and select from the menu option). You can also search online from the right click menu if you don't know what is running.

My father had a similar issue, and removing all the unnecessary things his computer was loading at startup reduced his broadband connection time dramatically.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Steve
(11-06-2011, 03:27 PM)Sql Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using right now XP.
i have a problem with my modem. when it starts on it dosen't recogznie my Lan, it takes 10 - 15 mins to recognize it also i tried my modem on other computer and it recognized in secs
What would be the problem ? Thanks.

Have you tried disconnecting your router and leaving it off for 10seconds?

If that doesn't help, you can call up your ISP and they'll refresh the connection.