Support Forums

Full Version: Imminent secondary Hard Drive Failure Causing Slow down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Issue:
Secondary hard drive on a desktop computer reported "cyclic redundancy data error". Chkdsk was run, took too long for satisfactory completion, and thusly canceled. On bootup, the machine reports imminent hard drive failure on secondary hard drive. Various tests run and observation indicate no errors or file corruption. BIOS SMART tests indicated no error.

Blue screen when running seemingly normal operation. Programs running: The Sims 3 Pets.

"PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xA3B5CF64,0x00000000,0x80537834,0x00000000)
Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 ST60A31B"

CheckDisk run again to be sure, took a time frame of days in order to finish. Desktop still reports imminent hard drive failure requiring input to continue start up. Entire computer experiences slowdown now, particularly when accessing the secondary hard drive. No physical damage to secondary hard drive. No physical damage to secondary hard drive.

The secondary hard drive is not the one with the OS installed on it and is solely used for data storage.

System specifications:
Hardware: Compaq Presario SR1750NX Desktop PC
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Memory: 2.19GHz, 2.25 GB RAM
Mainboard: ASUSTek Computer INC. Amberine M 1.03
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series RV620
Secondary Hard Drive: Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 ST60A31B
Space: 931GB NTFS
Have you looked up that STOP code? That's your first port of call.
In all honesty, I can't really understand what you're trying to say here.
And now I have bots trying to hijack my thread.
(10-25-2011, 08:05 PM)Zetawilk Wrote: [ -> ]And now I have bots trying to hijack my thread.

What? No bots have posted in this thread.
As I said, look up the STOP code for your PC. Also I'm guessing you can't boot from your second HDD as your OS is probably on the primary, if not we could diagnose via P.O.S.T which would confirm a screwed HDD at least.

Can you access data on the second drive?