Support Forums

Full Version: I just feel depressed...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel fine at school when I'm with my friends and never feel depressed or anything bad. But it seems that lately I just don't feel happy at home or want to go anywhere or do anything. My mom has jut been really disappointing to me. The last time she bought me something was last christmas, and I keepctellig her that I need new clothes but I never get any. Money is not the problem in my family, not at all. My mom told me last week I'd get a new phone. Then she told it'd e this week, and now she's telling me it's going to be next week. I also was excites about taking Judo classes instead of playing basketball this year. My mom was fine with it at first, but now she says "And where do you think you're going to get a ride from?" (My family has a really busy schedule) This pretty much crushed me because it was the only thing I was looking forward to. My dad is also an alcoholic, and they will go to a bar at least once a weekend and blow $60 easily (sometimes twice a weekend). I just feel no hope lately. The only TGIF keeping me going is being able to go to college and move away. My grades are great, my GPA last year was 4.4 and I'm really wanting to go to Med school. It's just I feel like my parents kind of neglect me at times. Sorry for the big wall of text, I just don't feel like fixing it.
I can feel you bro. Times are going bad at the moment. Find the strength to keep yourself mentally cool and calm. Everything will be alright.
I Really feel for you bro. My life isn't going that well either at this moment and that feeling really sucks.
Try to get some 'quality-time' with your dad, maybe that's hard for you. It is very hard for me. Some of my friends have a real close connection with their dad's and they do stuff with them, like trips and stuff. I Don't do this, I even don't talk to my dad in a serious way. I fix this by acting silly to my dad, that's easier. He's a funny man, so he act's silly back. Sounds stupid, but it's fun, and I get some dad-time.

try taking your music player en listen to your favorite music while you are walking through the park/woods. That cheers me up, always.
(10-25-2011, 01:30 PM)Shattering - Wrote: [ -> ]I Really feel for you bro. My life isn't going that well either at this moment and that feeling really sucks.
Try to get some 'quality-time' with your dad, maybe that's hard for you. It is very hard for me. Some of my friends have a real close connection with their dad's and they do stuff with them, like trips and stuff. I Don't do this, I even don't talk to my dad in a serious way. I fix this by acting silly to my dad, that's easier. He's a funny man, so he act's silly back. Sounds stupid, but it's fun, and I get some dad-time.

try taking your music player en listen to your favorite music while you are walking through the park/woods. That cheers me up, always.

I don't talk to my dad much, just because of what he does. I haven't held a real conversation with him in at least a week. I've already tried to hard to fix it, now I just ignore him.

Don't worry, you will get through all this and it will end soon.
We all go through hard things in our lives but almost all problems end after a while.

Try to go to places with your friends when you have the time to. Especially on weekends and vacations.
And to top it off my mom came home from picking my little sister up from the movies completely wasted. I just lost a lot of respect that I had for her. She couldn't even walk. I had to guide her to her room and tell her to go to bed.