Support Forums

Full Version: Should I break up with her?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, as you all know, I got my first girlfriend a couple weeks ago. The first few days were fantastic, then she kinda stopped showing interest. She is the one that messaged me on facebook (if she didn't, I would have not known she existed), so you would think that she liked me more than I like her. So, here I am now contemplating breaking up with her. The reasons why I am thinking of doing such thing are that she acts like she has no interest, she shows no affection, and doesn't make me feel special in any way, which I think girlfriends should do. Say we are walking down the hall or I am walking her to her class, her hand will just be hanging there. She won't grab my hand to hold it. I will have to grab hers, and I always do, and when I don't, we just don't hold hands.

More reasons supporting why I think me and her should break up are things like, well... Affection. Say I am coming from 6th period and going to 7th, there is a place in the hall where all of her friends just talk in between classes and she is always there (I asked her out right there in front of all her friendsBig Grin) and every time I walk up to her, she looks at me and then looks away like she has something better to do, but really she is just looking the other way. She also doesn't really seem like she ever just wants to text me. Usually it's just 3 word messages that are 10 minutes apart. We have only made out a few times because for some reason she has a fear of making out in public (including her HOUSE..). So only my house. I invite her to come over, she acts like "okayy.. ill ask my parents" like she doesn't want to. Though she has "guy friends" that she "has known forever" posting on her wall and stuff and she is telling those guys that they should come over one day with smilies and all this crap.

So, basically she doesn't show much interest in me at all, and I am not sure if it's just because it's the beginning of a relationship, or she doesn't know how to treat her boyfriend, or if she just doesn't like me anymore. My friend told me that he heard her talking to her friend about me saying that I don't talk much anymore. That, Sir, is freakin bullshit. So I talked to her about what she was saying and at first she was like "You didn't talk much this morning." I was like "Well, I'm usually tired and not very talkative." Then later I asked her again about what she said and she told me we don't text as much. WHICH IS MORE BULLSHIT. She doesn't even wanna text me!

On the bright side, I kiss her after every one of my classes, we text sometimes, and I enjoy her company. Not sure if she enjoys mine.

PS: My breath never smells bad bro, I always have gum. So I have no clue what her deal is with the making out part. And listen, I don't want to break up with her because she has diabetes and she's pretty much dying slowly (kidneys raising and shutting down) and I don't want all of this to be in my head, and her be like "WTF are you talking about!" when I tell her all this when I dump her. And I still like her! :/
You mind me asking of your age? Maybe she just isn't mature enough. Are you her first boyfriend? She may just not know how to treat a guy. Try teaching her. Confront her about how you feel.
You should talk to her about it if before really breaking up with her. Try making time only for you two. Take her out on a dinner or something. I think you should build friendship first.
People get bored of each other after a while...especially if they're young. Tell her about it. If not, she doesn't deserve you.