Support Forums

Full Version: Help with depression?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi,
My friend is suffering from depression, and I don't know what to do..
She's been to the doctor, and they've said they'll prescribe anti-depressants if necessary; she's also been to a councillor.
But I don't know what to do.. It kills me inside whenever she's at the lowest of lows, when she's talking about suicide, because I know she's seriously contemplating it.. I'm scared one day, she'll decide it is the right option..
It makes me feel awful to think I'm just sat here, not helping, but I don't know what to do..
She's always smiling at school, but most of the time it's a fake smile.. And when I'm talking to her, on Facebook, via text, in person, her mood just suddenly drops..
I tell her she's the most beautiful, awesome person in the world and how it's true, which it is, and I don't know what I'd do without her, but it doesn't seem to help..
Is there anything at all I can do to help her or persuade her things will get better eventually? I hate that I can't help her when she needs help the most..
Thanks in advance for any help..
I suggest you try to make the most romantic gesture to her. This will show her how you really feel. Perhaps a painting, song, or if you are good at something then use that to do something. But don't do something corney, as that could make everything worse. Just do something original that will blow here away. If you know another language then you could use this to make a saying or something.

I am not to keen on ideas but maybe drive her up to the woods or some place very high-up with an over-view of the city, go out onto the hood of the car. Sit there and talk to her for a bit. Then have what you want to do ready, say something like, "Can I show you something?". Chances are she will say sure. Then just do it/show it as the sun is fading into the night.

If you are having trouble coming up with ideas then I suggest you listen to some music. It's just the best way for people to think IMO. Currently I am listening to a song, not even in English, but it's very inspiring to me. It just inundates my mind with ideas and emotion, which I can sometimes channel into beautiful creations. Also here is a link to the song I am currently listening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fjYYEhAffk

Wish you the best!

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.
I like the idea of doing something romantic / creative, she is quite creative herself, and very interested in art, so it might work Smile
Also, thank you for your suggestion of going for a drive, however I'm currently not old enough to drive.. It was a nice suggestion though.
Finally, thank you for the song link. It was very inspiring and uplifting, and has improved my mood greatly.
Thank you again for your help Smile