Support Forums

Full Version: my very annoying turbo problem.[Please?]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. i need some help with my truck. I'm mainly looking from people who actually know what they are talking about please. Well on my powerjoke f250 my turbos are doing a thing called coking up. When it happens my truck looses all power. If I pull over out it in neutral and hold it to the floor for a minute or two it quits. Now sense this started my truck is gutless. It has an edge juice pack 5 stage. When I'm towing or something and turn it to 5 and put it to the floor I used to be able to break traction. Now all that happens is every warning you can think of goes off in my truck. Temperature. Boost Psi. Everything. I was wondering if you guys know what causes this? And a way to fix it without new turbos. Thanks.
Come on guys, please.
(10-28-2009, 08:07 AM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. i need some help with my truck. I'm mainly looking from people who actually know what they are talking about please. Well on my powerjoke f250 my turbos are doing a thing called coking up. When it happens my truck looses all power. If I pull over out it in neutral and hold it to the floor for a minute or two it quits. Now sense this started my truck is gutless. It has an edge juice pack 5 stage. When I'm towing or something and turn it to 5 and put it to the floor I used to be able to break traction. Now all that happens is every warning you can think of goes off in my truck. Temperature. Boost Psi. Everything. I was wondering if you guys know what causes this? And a way to fix it without new turbos. Thanks.

Hi my Bro, I'm sure I may have some answers for ya dude. But first I need you to give me a very detailed explination. By coking up do you mean failing/choking or do you mean cooking/overheating & your stage 5 I take it that this is your boost control unit & are they making any strange noises just write me up an explination with as much information as you can provide so I can accuratley diagnose your problem I don't mind if you have to write up 10 pages worth of information because my advice will only be as good as the information you provide me, & I don't want you to waste your money on things that you don't need my Bro

B@nNeD
Well, i have a dash mounted chip with built in gauges, No strange noises. My turbo just pretty much quits working, but if i put it in neutral and hold it to the floor for a minute or two, untill it starts dumping black smoke again, then it works for five or ten minutes. It overheats, my combustion chamber temps run way way to hot, even for a diesel. It's a 2006. Pretty new. Like i said, i used to be able to break traction with a full trailer and now i just over heat and pretty much slow to 45-50MPH on the highway. I'm 17 and don't really want to buy a new turbo, so any help would be great.
(10-28-2009, 04:39 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i have a dash mounted chip with built in gauges, No strange noises. My turbo just pretty much quits working, but if i put it in neutral and hold it to the floor for a minute or two, untill it starts dumping black smoke again, then it works for five or ten minutes. It overheats, my combustion chamber temps run way way to hot, even for a diesel. It's a 2006. Pretty new. Like i said, i used to be able to break traction with a full trailer and now i just over heat and pretty much slow to 45-50MPH on the highway. I'm 17 and don't really want to buy a new turbo, so any help would be great.

Allright dude I'm thinking maybe it isn't ya turbo because if it was your turbo, the problem would be constantly there. turbo's are a precision intsrument and if they suck up a small rock/debree that is half a mm big this can be a bad thing but the problem wouldn't go away until you fixed it. But now I'm thinking you have either got a bad load of diesel or you have a blocked injector(s) & this can give the illusion of a faulty turbo because it is being driven on short cylinders and this will explain your overheating issue because your engine is running very lean/ more air than fuel. now this is where you must be careful because running lean can burn out ya valves & valve seats. Now I figure you don't have a mechanical injection setup simply by seeing the year/make of ya truck. I would suggest a new fuel filter & dump ya tank of diesel then take out your injectors & soak them in either degreaser or kerosine overnight once soaked, get a 9v battery and use some wires to connect it to your injector plug pins you will hear a tiny click noise once you attach tha wires this is tha injector needle opening when it is open use a air compressor to blow the blockage out of it then put them back in & you will be snapping traction again in no time my Bro hope this helps ya dude

also a little bit of trivia for ya did you know that diesel has microscopic organisims in it & if diesel is left to sit for an extended period of time they will form a type of plastic particals in tha diesel this is most likley what has caused your blockage, those damn little bastards

B@nNeD
Yeah, i thought allot about it, and i'm getting really mad about the whole thing, it's still under a warranty (new engine) No i'm just gonna fuckin cook it. Put it to five and make sure my temp and boost warnings stay on untill something breaks. I'm not happy about it at all, and the way i figure it, the $300 is worth it. I don't think it's injectors or bad diesel, because it does it randomly, i have driven trucks with both of those bad, and this isn't like that.
Is it possibly my EGR valve? I just thought of that.
Hi my Bro sorry for my late reply I've been working big shifts lately.
But yep a faulty egr valve can cause your symptoms too. have you checked to see if it is opening properly or if it is jammed. because this is a mechanical valve this could explain why your problems can show up randomly and would also explain your cylinder heat too Bro

B@nNeD
Yeah, that's also my thought.
Turbos got a problem and that is overheating. Superchargers are way better in a car Smile What kind of truck you got? Big Grin And one thing do you got a truck or a car or a truck in a factory? Smile
how much rpm is it running and whats mileage on it?
Pages: 1 2