Support Forums

Full Version: Terminal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been sick with an extremely rare condition for a long time now, and my doctors have had no idea how long I've have, I spent a month in ICU when I was 23, another 6 months in bed and in an out of hospitals for 6 months.

They were amazed I lived the first three days. Now I've survived for several years. I'm 27, and now the crap is really starting to hit the fan. In the last month and a half I haven't been able to eat properly (I've lost close to 50 lbs). I'm showing some symptoms of kidney failure from some of the meds keeping me alive.

By now I've pushed all my friends and family out of my life, at first I couldn't stand the thought of letting my friends see me like that, but I never explained anything to them, but by now its been too long, and we would have nothing in common. I have some friends, but none that I see regularly.

I'm alone and I don't see that changing

How long can I keep smiling and answering I'm fine thanks, how are you? They don't mean it when they ask, but that question is haunting me.
I'm sorry to hear your story and by the sounds of It you're a fighter.
Just keep on fighting, life shouldn't have to be a fight, but It Is.
Life wasn't meant to be easy for anyone, It's a rollercoaster, you just need to ride It.
Tough times pass, death Is forever. So live life while you still have the chance and live everyday as your last.
I'm sorry to hear that my brother was once afraid of it, you can fight and fight and fight someone close to me had cancer they gave him 3 weeks he faught for 4 years take every moment and hold on to it make every moment special I wish you the best. I'm sorry you got dealt this hand but life will get better
Wow. Thats quite emotional. im sorry to hear that
I wish you get well soon. But please do not push away your friends and family from you. That would solve nothing. Spend as much as time you can with your family and friends. It shall help you to forget the pain at some extent.

If I was you, I wouldn't live alone in dark corner with no friends and family. It could brought my pain up. I'll always spend my time with friends, family and children if you have any in your family.

If you need someone to talk here then feel free to message me. Smile
As Soul Extractor said above, you shouldn't push your friends and family away. You will be amazed how much they can support you through times like this. You must not lose hope because once you do, it's over. You're not alone man. Feel free to shoot me a pm anytime. Smile