Support Forums

Full Version: I need some advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I'm an assistant manager (recently promoted) at McDonald's. I've been working there for 4 years. The people I work with are incredible, the bond between us is very strong and there are barely any words to describe it. Now I've just came up with an issue about my pay and brought it up to the head manager, check this out:

Our minimum wage was $8.25 a couple of months back. I was making 8.95 which was fine with me. Recently the wage was increased to 8.75, however my pay was not changed. I talked to the head manager about this and she said there is nothing she can do and she won't raise it until all the minimum wages are done (we have another to 9.25 end of October and 10.25 in roughly 8 months). So basically she wants me to wait 8 months and then I'll get a proper raise. Until then, I'll be making just as much as every new person would, even though I'm doing the works of an assistant manager.

I really want to leave because of this but I just don't have the balls to do it because everyone there like my head manager, our bond is really strong. I even had a tear roll down my eye when I thought about leaving. What should I do guys? This is really bothering me..
I dunno about you, but I'd be glad to leave working at McDonald's and get a real job.
>_< It isn't that bad, and I'm still in university so I can't get the job I want just yet.
I really respect people like you. Just stay with it for now until you're done with school...then it'll settle out when you have your career.
If you can find another job that pays better, I'd leave... If not, I'd stick it out and wait for that raise, after all, you'll still be making money. Smile
I would just look around secretively for another job. Something that can start you off with some decent pay that you might like. If not, I would just stay. Because you are getting a raise at the end of this month (even though it's minimum, it's still what you would start out at somewhere else). Talk about it with the manager in a month when your pay is exactly to that of a starter.
All I can say is wait it out. If you leave now you might not be able to get another job so easily. You'll be payed good soon dude, don't worry Smile
I worked for McD as a AM and Trainer got crap pay I left better jobs out there bud Smile
if you an find a better job with = or better pay id leave