Support Forums

Full Version: How to help someone have a better self image?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dating this girl. She is overweight, but not by far. She is still very beautiful and I tell her that often.

The problem is that she views herself as very fat and not pretty at all. Does anyone have ANY advice on how to help someone have a better self image? It seems like most girls are naturally very critical of themselves.
My girlfriend was the same way.
Tell her that she is perfect in every way for you. Tell her that she's like like those skinny prepy girls that no one likes.
And she's not one of those huge girls. Tell her that she is the perfect size for you and is perfect in every other way as well.
You may need to reword in in your own way and such, but that's basically what I said to my girlfriend and she looks at herself a bit better.
I don't know man, it's looks like she wanting some attention nothing more, but fulfill her dreams and compliment her more, tell her that she's perfect for you, and that she doesn't have to be skinny to be beautiful because she already is, I don't know lie lie and LIE more if I must say, just to make her feel good about herself , White Lie ;)
Just keep telling her she Is beautiful and good looking everyday. If that fails you can always be a good boyfriend and put on a few kilos to get to around her weight. This will help her not feel so bad and may help her feel a bit more self respect.
Keep them happy make them feel happy go above and beyond for them Smile they will improve their image and tell them they are wrong when they put themselves down