Support Forums

Full Version: I am scared for surgery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys if any one has had surgery before this is for you. I am 14 and have never had surgery before so i am scared and nervous. I have to get surgery tomorrow on my hand. I broke my finger in to the joint so it is pretty severe for a finger. They are going to try and put a pin through but if that doesn't work then they will have to cut open my finger and put a screw in. Please just let me know how surgery is and goes. I can't sleep and i have it in almost 10 hours. Please give me some support.
That hurts bro.... I'm also 14. The worst that has ever happened to be was a bone in my left pinky being shifted after a Nerf football landed in between my pinky finger and ring finger >.> It hurt like ass and swelled up to twice it's size.
But anyways, enough about me. I'm sure you'll get through it fine, just relax bro. Worrying about it won't help Smile
You are having a minor opperation, hand injursys the worst case senario isn't really life threatening at all

when ever i was really scared of something I would find somewhere to sit, corss legged arms in my lap, and listaen to music. Not rap, Not metal, Not dance Not rock, or anything like that but Piano music, or new age music, aster about 10 mins no matter how scared of something i was, i completely forgot about it and was just listening to the music. you could try that, or talk to friends that you know, Not about the surgery, don't even mention it to them just talk about what you normally would.
This happened to my Dad not so long ago, except he was caught in an explosion and it is much worse than yours I imagine. I'm not putting you down, I'm letting you know he is doing great now with almost 80% flexibility back in only 3 months. From being able to see his blood vessels, he has come along way.

So considering your procedure is much less, you are in really good shape. Good luck, just listen to the doctor and do all your exercises and you'll be fine in a month. Good luck.
I am back. All went good. Just had to get 2 pins put in then i have to wear a cast for 3 weeks. Thanks everyone for the support. Smile
Glad to hear you're all right and that everything is ok.
good luck on your recovery! glad to hear everything is ok
I had surgery when I was 13. I wrestled for my team and during practice I landed on my wrist wrong. All the teachers said it wasn't broken, so I waited a few days before I went to the ER. I ended up going because my arm became extremely swollen.

I understand that you're scared, but there's nothing to be scared about. I was also scared, but after it was finished I wished I didn't dread it. Dreading it is definitely the worst part.
your gonna be fine.. it is a minor surgery. you probably wont feel a thing.
(09-27-2011, 08:05 PM)Vida Guerra Wrote: [ -> ]your gonna be fine.. it is a minor surgery. you probably wont feel a thing.

He obviously won't feel anything, he'll be asleep when it's going on.
Pages: 1 2