Support Forums

Full Version: What to do? Am I missing out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
During my freshman year my facebook got stolen/hacked and it caused such a problem. The guy who was on it ruined my reputation entirely. Half my family got angry with the posts the guy made, thinking that I posted it and that was just so awkward. All the time at school someone would be like "hey man whats with the weird posts?". I think I lost a lot of friends but I'm not sure. The reason why I'm not sure is because I wasn't looking over the posts he made, I just couldn't. He had it until about the middle of sophmore year, I'm a junior now I just feel like I'm missing out on meeting new people, relationships and events. Should I make another account to get back on track with these things? I also don't have a cell phone so I have limited ways of contact with people.
How did he hack your account and keep it for 1 year and a half? Did you not notice it was hacked for that whole time? You could have just explained it to everybody the second you found out and you should have been okay.

However, it seems you let it slide or something.
(09-22-2011, 03:31 PM)Seven Wrote: [ -> ]How did he hack your account and keep it for 1 year and a half? Did you not notice it was hacked for that whole time? You could have just explained it to everybody the second you found out and you should have been okay.

However, it seems you let it slide or something.
I had reported as soon as I realized it happened and I got people to report it too, then they didn't do anything. So I did let it slide since I couldn't do anything and then when they improved their reporting system I tried again and they took it down.
I fail to see why you did not explain to everyone you met that your Facebook had been hacked and it was not you posting those "weird things." You could have easily had a much better outcome had you just explained yourself to everyone.
(09-22-2011, 03:44 PM)Seven Wrote: [ -> ]I fail to see why you did not explain to everyone you met that your Facebook had been hacked and it was not you posting those "weird things." You could have easily had a much better outcome had you just explained yourself to everyone.
I did explain myself to the people that were at school and the ones I saw daily. There are many others that are at other schools, countries, states, cities, etc that I couldn't get in contact with.
create and second one and keep it well secured and then in the about me tell all ur friends that ur old account got hacked and then remove it after a month or so Big Grin
(09-22-2011, 05:49 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]create and second one and keep it well secured and then in the about me tell all ur friends that ur old account got hacked and then remove it after a month or so Big Grin
Well I was thinking about having one without quitting.
Anymore opinions on all this at all?
It isn't worth it making a new Facebook anymore. The new layout looks really bad and I don't use my account at all anymore if you want to be honest.
Get a Twitter in my opinion. =]
"Hey guys my Facebook was hacked, so that's not me making the posts. De-friend him and add my real one here" <---- this would've been helpful last year.
Pages: 1 2