Support Forums

Full Version: So, am I being too picky?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just thought I'd ask for some fresh perspectives on this matter.
Now I've got a decent social/romantic teenage-life, but there's one problem I always encounter.
Some information about me first: I myself am quite a smart person. Not be cocky, but it's just true. School is easy for me and overall I know allot, read allot and learn allot. This means I, personally, really can't date girls that aren't somewhat on "my level".
Now I also consider myself good looking. I'm not quite sure how well a person can judge himself, but I do know that I can compare myself to others and easily see I'm a 7/8 out of 10. Or so I like to believe.

Now to get real "problem" the girls I get attracted to are nothing out of the usual, but it seems any girl I'm physically really attracted to just doesn't fit with me.
Physically satisfying, emotionally brain killing.
Though every now and then I meet a person that's just got an amazing character, who I can talk with about things we're both interested in, and for who I do not have to act less intelligent than I am. But here's the catch: pretty much every girl like that, I wasn't really physically attracted too.

And there's the epic dilemma. Brains versus looks. Why can't it be like in the films? Some smoking hot start that's a genius too?
Personally I really can't seem to figure out what's actually going on with me. I'm aware that I also am effected by peer pressure quite a bit too much. It seems I intentionally find any flaws other could point out about a girl, and therefore, classify he as "non-suitable".
Even when I meet someone who's easily "a seven" I might skip merely because of the reactions of others, and yes, I do realise that's just incredibly wrong.

Now I've lost any trail of where I was looking to go to with this thread, so I suppose I'm now just looking for some general input? Personal experiences perhaps?

Hmm, lets see if this gon' help.

That happens to everyone. If i get this right, you are just thinking like,

She just took a crap, ew im not dating her, When every shits. That happens to the best of us. I know that the girls think the exact same way, only about other things such as faces etc. Not a big deal, you will grow out of it eventually.
Not even that harshly. Just today I met a decent looking girl, real awesome.
But she was a seven perhaps, not an eight or a nine. And somehow I felt like "society" wouldn't approve.
And I feel so superficial and dick-ish for that, because I do believe that if wouldn't be judged, I wouldn't hesitate for a second.
Since when does the outside really matter?

How old are you anyway?
(09-22-2011, 10:11 AM)яeborn Wrote: [ -> ]Since when does the outside really matter?

How old are you anyway?

Why be so low quality? Spamming for the feather doesn't work. I suggest you read some rules.
Since always. In the society we're living in the outside is incredibly important.
You're continuously being judged for how you look rather than what you can do. It's the way it is.
And yes, it's easy to tell someone looks don't matter, but be honest, they do. They always did and always will.

I don't see how age is important in this matter. It's obvious I'm not a twice divorced man of 38 years old.
Young and inexperienced in actual relations and merely looking for some advice from the more wise.
You should not judge people. Just think about how you will feel when you are old and cannot hear well. The youngsters making fun of you. I believe if you treat people nice you will get treated the same back. Its just how it is. When your older you will become more mature, and will not have this feeling. Its just how teenagers think.
I highly doubt so. It's not how teenagers are, it's how humans are.
We're programmed to judge other humans on their appearance. Fact is: some handle it allot better than others.

Regardless, it doesn't feel like this is getting me anywhere.
It's a matter of stopping with caring for opinions but my own. Don't believe I can get much help with that.
Closed upon request.