Support Forums

Full Version: I've been feeling so melancholy.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't understand what's wrong with me. The past 4 months, I've been enjoying doing nothing but going home every day after school, laying in bed, drawing, then sleep. I've weirdly been enjoying this depressing lifestyle. Summers before I'd go out and do everything, but this year I've just been so joyous of being isolated.

The reason I'm worried is because I used to be really happy. I don't consider myself depressed or anything, but it seems as if all my actions are showing signs of my depression. I'm worried that if I continue to live the way I am now, I'll just start being depressed like before.

(When I was 16 I had two attempted suicides)
I tried killing myself when I was 16 too, I drank antifreeze with alcohol and the alcohol coutneracted the anti-freeze...

WTF right?

if you dont have a job get one, I recently did and the money helps not being bored alot
you can go out whenever you want, get your own clothes, car, go out places, get yummy psychedelic drugs (no uppers/downers tho you will get addicted)

its an easy problem to fix, I used to be the same way
(09-19-2011, 07:41 PM)haphazard Wrote: [ -> ]I tried killing myself when I was 16 too, I drank antifreeze with alcohol and the alcohol coutneracted the anti-freeze...

WTF right?

if you dont have a job get one, I recently did and the money helps not being bored alot
you can go out whenever you want, get your own clothes, car, go out places, get yummy psychedelic drugs (no uppers/downers tho you will get addicted)

its an easy problem to fix, I used to be the same way

I quit my job just because of this whole feeling. I don't know how to bring myself up.
Start with something new. Also get off the computer and try to enjoy nature once?
Go for sports. Hang around with your buddies. Socialize around. Dont try to keep yourself empty. An empty mind is a devil's workshop.
Only advice I can give is begin something new, go on runs, hang out with friends/family, get some sporting event tickets, meet someone to spend time with, go to the movies, there is so many things to do in life. Its not worth ending your life and leaving behind the pain to your whole family and friends.
go to the gym and go out with friends thats what i did when i was in this situation,
it helps honnest
When one is in this state of mind, then the best thing to do is “not do anything”,but meditate. Shut your eyes. Sit straight (even in your sofa, use one or two cushions) and watch you breath in and breath out (watch with your eyes shut)…means just observe that you are breathing. Let the thoughts come, but you do nothing “Not do anything” (mean think about that, focus on that or concentrate on that thought). Try to let go the thought. Another will come. Repeat this process.

You will begin to feel better after few minutes of silence. Physical and mental. Again try to do nothing… but your inner voice will tell you to do something. Listen carefully, what it is saying… Cooking something… Fried stuff ?? Do it and enjoy or make a good soup ?? Do it and enjoy or Iron your shirt ?? Do it and enjoy….. The moment you feel tired (that you would as you do not want to do anything)…. Sit again, shut your eyes and watch your breath….

Repeat the above process.

I guarantee in 5 days time you would not like to sit idle.. As you start doing after getting directions from you within and start enjoying… And one more, dont worry about your fattening scene.. You would be alright… Do deny yourself small pleasures…. Mark my words… You would go for running soon in next 15 days time…. But remember… when you dont want to do anything…sit straight, shut your eyes… and observe your breath