Support Forums

Full Version: what firefox addons do you have?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What firefox addons do you have and use?

I use a lot of them and I will list them and tell yah what they do.

1) AdBlock Plus--->blocks annoying ads. no further explanation needed

2) Status 4 evar---> brings back the firefox 3.x status bar

3) Screen capture elite---> takes screen captures of visible page, whole page, and custom selections, does this without having to print screen and it automatically names the files for you and uses the sites domain, date, time.

4) ShowIP---> shows the Ip address of the website you're on and if you click on it it brings commands to look up netcraft/whois info, etc

5) Yet Another Sooth Scrolling--->has very smooth KB or mouse wheel scrolling and has a neat bounce effect when you reach the top of the page

6) Stylish--->allows the user to skin various websites like facebook, google, deviantart, as well as parts of the browser itself.

7) greasemonkey--->allows the user to have custom scripts to add functionality to the browser and websites. I use a youtube video downloader one.

8) Stratiform---> more GUI customization and you can have custom firefox button text
I have:

- Firebug
- FireFTP
- Live HTTP Headers
- Nightly Tester Tools

Why would you want to slow down your firefox with a whole bunch of fancy unnecessary addons?

Most of these though i've personally modified myself so they aren't the "stock" download
I'm a web designer and in the hosting industry so I need a lot of those tools. It doesn't slow it down too much.... maybe 10-20% extra loading time at the very very most compared to a clean profile. I can deal with it...

I modded a lot of those myself as well for 9.0 nightly compatibility since NTT doesn't help some of those.
lol, I don't see how you would need quite a few of those for webmaster purposes.

ShowIP
Yet Another Smooth Scrolling
Stratiform
*Screen Capture Elite
Stylish

Those are almost all for visual purposes, and I always just ping a site if I wan't it's IP. Screen capture maybe if you're giving a preview of your site on a forum or something, otherwise you could just give them a link.

Ones you should be using for webmaster purposes would be more like the ones I have, because I used to be a webmaster programmer a long time ago as well, working with database programming and management and scripts in ASP.net and others.

But I use nightly too Smile Good choice
Ha ha! The showIP can show the Ip address, has commands to see who hosts a site, and AS info from robtex (hosting stuff)

[Image: DG5Na.jpg]

one click and I get get uptime info from netcraft as well as see what OS the site is running on, the IP address and who hosts it.

[Image: Xgj7U.png]

this way saves steps for me.

the scrolling is a comfort thing

the stylish thing.... some sites like facebook are too white and hurt my eyes so I use them to put dark themes on facebook, youtube, google, and fanfiction.net. I got a really bright monitor and I'm also photophobic meaning I'm sensitive to light.

the screen capture one I take screenshots of sites for inspiration as well as save forum topics and stuff to archive things. very useful tool.

stratiform isn't really one of those "webmaster" ones, however it makes Fx a little easier on the eyes for me as it blends the addon icons in so they don't stand out as much and distract me.

here's my current browser layout:
[Image: bRHMS.png]

I have it darker for a "dim the lights" effect so my focus is on the content of the website and not the browser chrome. lighter browser layouts distract me for some reason and put too much attention to the tabs.
That's more some personal preference modification's still I think. Althought the showIP might be useful, I would rather just check the actual website to get my information from it because if I didn't have all those addons it wouldn't take much time to do anyway lol. There's a full web development addon though that I would have assumed you would have for enabling and disabling scripts on a page and various other features.
I had a few of those but some interferred with some of the other ones. I'm an "install on demand" kinda person.... so if I fel the need to use it I'll get it again LOL....

but thanks for the tips and the suggestions. ;-)

this thread is getting very good as well. Excellent.
I only have greasemonkey. And I only use it to run hackforums ub3r script.
none, i use chrome. much faster and doesn't crash
(09-21-2011, 02:32 PM)JrSadFish Wrote: [ -> ]none, i use chrome. much faster and doesn't crash

Firefox doesn't crash for me either, but you need to try out versions 7 and up, since I highly doubt you've ever had a latest version installed on your machine. Just as fast as chrome, I guarantee it.
Pages: 1 2