Support Forums

Full Version: Friends involved in Drugs, Peer Pressuring me to do it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Friend A, I have known for 4 Years +
Friend B, I have Known for almost a year.

Friend A and i were never near drugs and hardly near alcohol at all, but when friend B stepped in, and i went to a few parties with him drug and alcohol got more and more intense each time. I stopped drinking and doing drugs after the first party we went to, i got drunk and had a puff of a joint, Ever since then i haven't been drunk or had anything over 1 standard drink which is usually 1 beer, as i do not like hard alcohol anymore, But once Friend A became available and started going with me and friend B, Friend A started doing drugs with Friend B, and so it started, they feel the need to take E every party they go to, and they make me buy some too, if i don't take any they ridicule me, they then rub it in and tell me they'll buy it off me for $5, i usually am peer pressured into paying around $35.

I told my brother and i really want to get Friend A back really back, because i have known him for 4+ years, i want to plant it in to his bag or his car, and tell him parents or something like that, i want him off the drugs and just get the old Friend A back, but from what I've seen lately, that will be impossible.
They will buy it off you for $5? Just tell them they can buy it themselves when you don't buy it. $35 for something you don't want to do? I'm sure you can find an excuse to spend decent money like that on something else. Don't frame him though, but tell him that it's not good and you guys shouldn't be doing that. How are you not able to peer pressure him into not taking them, unless he's accumulated an addiction to them already? Think of it that way before things get worse. If Friend B gets him involved, and you've known Friend A for longer than he has, you should be able to convince your friend not to do them. Maybe steal him to go to a movie with you, and bring a couple of your other friends to tag along if you want? Spend less time with Friend B, and if he wants to go back with Friend B after a while, convince the guy not to.

Maybe get a few of your girl friends to go to the movies with you and Friend A, but anything to take his mind off of drugs and Friend B.

Ultimately to get him away from drugs, you have to take him away from the influence peer pressuring him into doing them.
I would say avoid Friend B as much as possible.You are harming yourself.
(09-06-2011, 11:30 PM)χтяємє™ Wrote: [ -> ]I would say avoid Friend B as much as possible.You are harming yourself.

He's not trying to do that, he's trying to get Friend A off the drugs so that they can continue on the drug-less life path they've been on before they met Friend B.
(09-06-2011, 11:52 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]He's not trying to do that, he's trying to get Friend A off the drugs so that they can continue on the drug-less life path they've been on before they met Friend B.
Thank you for your response ace well in that case have you tried and talked to friend A about leaving drugs ?
No, he keeps wanting to do it now, when ever there is a party he wants to do it, i am actually thinking about leaving that group because i feel that sooner or later i might get in trouble, however i do not want him to be on drugs, It is also really close to our end of year exams and they ridicule me for not skipping on staying home and studying, instead they want me to go to a party.

I'm pretty sure he is addicted, or thats what i see in him now, all he wants to do is E for some reason, thats all they ever talk about.

what should i do?
Did you read my first post?: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid239179

If exams are coming up soon and you're worried about him, then you might as well be wasting time going out and partying anyway (not that you should do drugs), but my point is, if you're worried about him involved in drugs while you should be studying, then it's just as bad as not studying and playing video games, or going to a movie, or a party. It's not an efficient use of time if your mind is somewhere else.

So if you want to focus on your friend, then follow the advice I gave you in the first post of mine, otherwise, focus on your studying, leave him be, and when exams are over focus on getting him away from drugs if you're still concerned.

Make your priorities first, and recognize what is most important to you

(09-07-2011, 04:13 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Did you read my first post?: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid239179

If exams are coming up soon and you're worried about him, then you might as well be wasting time going out and partying anyway (not that you should do drugs), but my point is, if you're worried about him involved in drugs while you should be studying, then it's just as bad as not studying and playing video games, or going to a movie, or a party. It's not an efficient use of time if your mind is somewhere else.

So if you want to focus on your friend, then follow the advice I gave you in the first post of mine, otherwise, focus on your studying, leave him be, and when exams are over focus on getting him away from drugs if you're still concerned.

Make your priorities first, and recognize what is most important to you

Yes, thank you.
I have chosen to just let him be, Thank you for the advice!

Thanks to everyone.
Yes , don't get near drugs!

Alcohol is fine.
Try to stick to your real friends & don't ever feel pressured to do drugs.
Pages: 1 2