Support Forums

Full Version: My Vehicle misfortune.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, my friend was having truck problems,Like his truck wouldn't start. I suspected injectors, maybe the sending unit. so i went over to his house. We loaded his truck on my dads car hauler and brought it to my house. We put it in my garage. And the first thing i do is check his fuel filter, so i pull the side connected to to the gas tank, on the left hand side of the filter. So, i have it disconnected and have him turn it over (if gas comes out his fuel filter is clogged) And gas starts pouring all over my face, it goes in my eyes, my mouth. And my nose. I'm trying to yell at him to stop but he cant hear be because the truck is turning over. So, after i get out of the way, i can't see, i can't breathe and i'm throwing up outside my garage lol it took me about four showers to get all the gas smell of me. I literally couldn't see for about 20 minutes after i started rinsing my eyes, i really thought i was going to die lol. I'm not sure where this goes. Just giving you guys something to laugh at me for lol
How unlucky.

Atleast it wasn't too serious.

In the future, you now know what not to do in a situation like that.
I have done this procedure before, it's just that the person turning the key is only supposed to do it for a second.
Oh, I see.

Perhaps you should have informed him of the procedure before you started.

Or did you do that?
Yeah i did that.
He must have forgot though. He doesn't know anything about a vehicle, that's why he came to me. It's not really his fault i guess.
It's not his fault but he should try and remember things. The situation could have been a lot worse.
It could have gone very, very bad. But i also should have been wearing some sort of eye protection. It was pretty dumb on my part also. I was very scared though.
Damn lucky mate. But it does happen. I had a bike mechanic look at my bike and do exactly the same thing although he did it all by himself. I had to get him to a tap and rinse his eyes as he could not see either.
Gotta love the taste of fuel Smile
I really wasn't worried so much about swallowing it all, i threw up allot after. It was all in my lungs ang eyes i was woried about. But it ended really well, no permanent injury that i have noticed.
Hi my Bro, Yeah this has happend to me too I'm not ashammed to admit it but I learnt a valuble lesson from it & I'm sure you have too. But now you can have a laugh at my expense aswell, I wear an old pair of jeans when working on my cars, now these jeans have been covered in alot of grease/fuel/degreaser/etc.... well I had to do some stick welding on my car once, I put on my welding mask & began welding I guess a hot peice of slag had spat onto my leg it wasn't until my girlfreind yelled out darling I think your leg is on fire, so I lifted my mask to see & oh crap it was on fire luckily my dogs water bucket was near by and I used that to put my leg out, I have never been so happy to own a dog haha. So don't feel bad man we all have done stupid things

B@nNeD
Pages: 1 2