Support Forums

Full Version: i need some advice guys..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!Blackhat my name is Andray a single dad from Texas.
I need some kind of advice on what to do with my 16 year old daughter. I have been lurking in different forums trying to see if Im the only one having this problem, I guess not. Nono whew!
But anyways. My daughter has been going to the rehab for 2 months now because of drug addiction. I don't know how it started, it just did. Im trying to recall on what she does in school and when shes going out with her friends. And guess what the common thing was, her FRIENDS.
A friend told me to keep an eye on my daughter, i just didn't mind it because I know my daughter, I know she is good and obedient but i guess NOT! I have been meaning to transfer her to a different school to get her away from those so called friends of her when she gets out from rehab. So that she can have a normal life again. Is this a good idea? Unsure
Tough say, you do know that it will be hard at first for her to think about ditching everyone she knew to try and make friends somewhere else all over again. But if you keep her with the other drug using friends of hers then she may become more distant from you because of how dysfunctional your relationship with her is. I would say it's better to move her away from the drug environment, but do NOT resent her for being mad at you at first. Come to the understanding that it's a big thing for them to be away from the people that she bonded a friendship with up until now.

The typical thought that she'll get from it is that you're "trying to ruin her life" no matter how much you see it as "trying to make her life better". It will be tough for you, and her, but if you want a standing chance I would say it's the best option you have. Try to make change on top of just moving her away though. Show her that you still care for her and appreciate her in your life, no matter how difficult it is at first. If you give up on her, she'll give up on you, and ultimately it will crush your relationship with her either way. The one thing that is absolutely the worst outcome, so don't let it happen. She's what you have, don't let go of that.

Here's some facts for you, I would say on average, and depending on the community you live in, around 40-60% of kids, from junior high school and high school at least try drugs once in their life. Cigarettes or worse. Peer pressure and self image are everything in those adolescent stages of a kids life. You can't think anything less of her for being an average, but by the time she's got her life straightened out (which is your goal I hope), looking back she will understand what you did for her (hopefully). At such an early age you can't expect her to understand why you do what you do for her, it's common for people her age to not get it at all. They can think it, but they will probably never have a true understanding of what it is parent's try to do.
You had better take this previous post into some serious consideration because this is no regular member, the forum gets spammers like this that look for keywords in the content previously posted to decide on a reply, and it's always posted in this kind of format with a link in the wordage.

The user above me in this post is most likely not even human and more of a forum "bot"
I saw my sister go through a stage like this, though she was never checked into rehab, and was more committed to alcohol than drugs. Check out her friend group, maybe that needs a change. Something like this is normally induced by peer pressure, or the fact that her mother is not around.

For a single dad, I'm sure you try the best you can to protect your daughter.
Question; What is the most amount of drugs she's gargled on a pencil for?
What kind and what are her prices?
You know your daughter better than anyone in this forum does, so how do you think she will react in the circumstance you transfer her to another school?
Taking her away from her friends is the best thing to do why else would she go to use drugs if she wasn't in a bad crowd ?
Just try to help her out and offer her support, don't hawk over her though or it could worsen the problem.
Give her support and don't be too hard on her.