Support Forums

Full Version: Mazda RX8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am asking this to people with REAL car mechanic experience! Should i get this vehicle for 9.5k?! It is all stock in perfect shape with 40k miles on it?! I really need the help guys! I have heard that it has problems with the engine at times!
What kind of problems with the engine? Ignition? Transmission? Leaking? Overheating? That pretty much could be anything. Everything exists inside of an engine block lol. 40 000 miles is decent, and for 9500$ I would say that's about the range the price would be expected to be at... DEPENDING on what these engine problems are that you're talking about, and what kind of vehicle it is.

The information you've provided is limited.

Find out how old the vehicle is, and where all of the rusted spots are as well.
Dude where the heck are you finding one for 9k?! These cars are beast. My sisters got one.
I completely missed the thread title. What year is this? Depending on how old this thing is, along with engine problems and the small reduction for the amount of miles it has, It could be a rip-off for $9500...
(09-05-2011, 12:30 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I completely missed the thread title. What year is this? Depending on how old this thing is, along with engine problems and the small reduction for the amount of miles it has, It could be a rip-off for $9500...

Its a 2004, but there is no engine problems with this particular car, its just mazda rx8's have been known to have engine problems, at least thats what i've heard! 9.5k is about the lowest I can find around where I live!
(09-05-2011, 12:05 AM)ruggish Wrote: [ -> ]I am asking this to people with REAL car mechanic experience! Should i get this vehicle for 9.5k?! It is all stock in perfect shape with 40k miles on it?! I really need the help guys! I have heard that it has problems with the engine at times!

9.5k? Is the seller Nigerian?

Sh­it, in satisfactory condition I'd buy that just to resell it.
(09-06-2011, 09:09 PM)ruggish Wrote: [ -> ]Its a 2004, but there is no engine problems with this particular car, its just mazda rx8's have been known to have engine problems, at least thats what i've heard! 9.5k is about the lowest I can find around where I live!

If it's been known to have engine problems, then there's probably something wrong with the engine, maybe a burnt out gasket at the least. Who knows, but if you know it runs smoothly, maybe ask for a test drive or an inspection just to check things out, then you could buy it if it works for you.
Ruggish, I'm not sure exactly where you live but due to the RX series being rotary engines they do not like hot or cold air, only warm so ti may have little knocks, though I would need to hear more specifics on the problems I would probably stay away from it and 9.5k isn't that great of a deal for a 04 RX8, it's a decent price but the engine problems make it over priced.
Yeah get it bro.

It's an amazing car and easy to fix.
Yeah, I'd recommend getting it, it sounds like a good deal.
Pages: 1 2