Support Forums

Full Version: Too Omni
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you please remove the supportfeather.
Please??
All it does it bring spammer and trolls to SF.
2 Examples:
http://www.supportforums.net/member.php?...e&uid=9971
http://www.supportforums.net/member.php?...e&uid=9983

Then when you deny them for the award they just spam some more.

I know it's been discussed but it's getting really bad.
It's making people leave the forums.
Who left the forum because of it? It's not really a big issue, Sam takes care of 95% of it, I wish we had more staff members to take care of this though.

For some reason Omni and Solidus stay clear of the forums, you hardly ever see them around.
I agree about how bad it is. I know I came here for the feather, but I really like this forum and try to keep it high quality. I would suggest instead of getting rid of it to maybe change it. What if you got the feather from donating to this forum? That would make you, Omni, money and maybe reduce the number of spammers. I'm sure Omni is tired of hearing about getting rid of the feather though.
Been discussed before and Omni decided it was best to keep it for now. Having said that however, I do agree it should be removed, as do the majority of members here. The problem Omni faces is that most of the traffic at the moment is coming from HF. So although it is irritating & brings a lot of LQ posters & spammers, it is helping SF grow.
(08-28-2011, 10:18 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]Who left the forum because of it? It's not really a big issue, Sam takes care of 95% of it, I wish we had more staff members to take care of this though.

For some reason Omni and Solidify stay clear of the forums, you hardly ever see them around.

You mean Solidus? Although he isn't an incredibly active poster, he's is still an active moderator.
The staff actually are doing a great job at the minute.
Solidus runs his own forum. Omni never visit and if he does it's just for checkins.
I bet you could ask member when they join if they came just for the award and a lot would say yes.
(08-28-2011, 10:21 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]You mean Solidus? Although he isn't an incredibly active poster, he's is still an active moderator.

Yeah sorry, typing error. He's not a moderator by the way, he's an administrator.

Check the forum team, hardly any of them are active. Only Omni and Sam.
(08-28-2011, 10:30 AM)CaptainFX Wrote: [ -> ]Solidus runs his own forum. Omni never visit and if he does it's just for checkins.
I bet you could ask member when they join if they came just for the award and a lot would say yes.

'Tis true, I myself came here just for the award, but stayed. I'm more active on this forum now than on HF, I overtook myself in posts.
(08-28-2011, 10:21 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Been discussed before and Omni decided it was best to keep it for now. Having said that however, I do agree it should be removed, as do the majority of members here. The problem Omni faces is that most of the traffic at the moment is coming from HF. So although it is irritating & brings a lot of LQ posters & spammers, it is helping SF grow.
You mean Solidus? Although he isn't an incredibly active poster, he's is still an active moderator.
Just imagine if there wasn't ever a HF for traffic toward's this site how it would be like. I would want to see that.
The 100 posts need to be High Quality so if they wanna spam and troll, let them. We have staff to take care of it. I have the Support Feather on HF, all of my posts here are High Quality, and Omni said i deserved it.

The people who come here and spam 100 posts, (which i see often) will be banned here, and should be warned on HF.

Its not a huge issue though. Do not remove it is my opinion.
It's been suggested to be removed numerous times before. Omni has said that it's not going to go yet.
I'm always here.
You call it inactive, I say selective posting.