Support Forums

Full Version: Friends I Can Rely On?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Alright I'll cut to the chase. My group of friends consists of blacks and spanish kids, and two serbians. I'm white. Sort of irrelevant..
We're all in high school (going into sophomore year) so I guess maturity could be a factor. When everybody is together everybody will make jokes towards eachother, even to me and me to them. When they do it to each other I don't really notice but when it is done to me I feel pressure/embarrassment because more than not we're with other people.

It isn't bullying, it isn't getting picked on, these are the people I've known since 1st grade..only I feel that way to my knowledge..and this is what sucks: I couldn't go up to one of them and say "yo could you stop saying that crap please?" when we're along. I could say "yo shut the hell up thats pissing me off" and they'll be like "oh alright alright." Like, when we're alone they are all cool, but in front of others it's a huge dominance fest: I hate it.

And some of them go through these mood swings. When you text them to chill and I say "yo" they usually reply with "yo." But sometimes they reply with "yeah" or "what" like I'm bothering them and it pisses me the fudge off. Then that person will not talk to you as much for a little while and out of no where you're best friends..and it isn't even for any reason at all which is why I think people talk behind my back.

I really have no clue and I'm just venting..should I just abandon them? I play baseball with 2 of them (they are brothers). I can probably branch out and start hanging out with my acquaintances, but it I really can't imagine being in there 'group' how we are now. They just aren't people you can rely on for crap.

Advice?
It doesn't sound too bad, you could just talk to them and be like "why is it a dominance fest anytime someone comes by?", stick up for yourself once in awhile and they won't do it. Also, I wouldn't drop my mates from first grade over something like this but to each his own.

Trust me I don't want to drop them, we have so much fun together...but I think it would be better for me. I always stick up to myself, like I said it isn't bullying or any specific attacks that is just how they are and I'm sort of the oddball who hardly sees the point. I'll say crap but than say "nah just kidding." Whenever I say, they say exactly "learn to take a joke man dont take everything to heart lol"

Really stumped here..lol
Whenever I say something like "why is it a dominance fest anytime someone comes by?"**

Is what I meant
(08-23-2011, 08:42 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Trust me I don't want to drop them, we have so much fun together...but I think it would be better for me. I always stick up to myself, like I said it isn't bullying or any specific attacks that is just how they are and I'm sort of the oddball who hardly sees the point. I'll say crap but than say "nah just kidding." Whenever I say, they say exactly "learn to take a joke man dont take everything to heart lol"

Really stumped here..lol
Whenever I say something like "why is it a dominance fest anytime someone comes by?"**

Is what I meant

Try to pickup their humor then? I'm unsure what to do.

I have their humor..ugh I'm not explaining well

Point is I cannot rely on them for stuff. Waht you're talking about is irrelevant
(08-23-2011, 09:26 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I have their humor..ugh I'm not explaining well

Point is I cannot rely on them for stuff. Waht you're talking about is irrelevant

Oh I see. Alright yeah I understand. If you can't rely on them, find someone you can rely on.
Find new friends. Odds are they arn't gonna change
I'm close to a lot of people actually...I'm pretty much an open book, and I don't really keep secrets that involve myself. I can rely on my dad, Emily, Jess, Rebecca, Marelina, Lando, Jess, and I think anyone else who matters with this question knows who they are.

SEO companies
I have similar friends like you do. They're great for chilling around and making your time pass faster, but when it comes to some more mature and serious stuff, they're not the people I would rely on. You have to find new and better friends. That's what I did. You can still be good with those people, but when it comes to some serious things, talk with your new friends instead.
You should be lucky you have close friends like you do. You shouldn't abandon them.
Pages: 1 2