Support Forums

Full Version: Time to make things change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, when other people look at my life they think I'm having a lot of fun and things like that, mostly cause I'm out almost 24/7, I only come home to sleep/eat/crap. Well, the truth is, I can't handle all this crap anymore. Drinking every other day, spending most of my money on alcohol and cigarettes, feeling like crap most of the time, not caring how I look, smelling bad... The list goes on. I feel like it's time for a change so I'm making this thread, to give me some motivation after some time and to motivate me more to change my life.

So, this is the list of things I will try to accomplish:

- quit smoking (I smoke a pack and a half per day, aged 17 :O)
- stop drinking so often
- actually buy myself some better clothes
- start caring about my looks, health and hygiene
- start to plan about my future, what college I would go etc...
- get rid of my SA
- gain some confidence
- start going to the gym
- start to care about people and stopping being a "leach" when it comes to money
- change my perspective about life (now all I think life is are: money and alcohol)
- start to actually try to get a girlfriend and stop waiting for her to fell to me from the sky
- stop being outside 24/7 like a bum or something like that
- start acting smarter and not talk bullshit 24/7 (I use to switch like 5 topics in one minute and I'm prone to saying all these crap/nonsense like a psycho lol)
- EDIT: Maybe even give that girl a second change, she's an athlete and she hated the fact that I smoke but really liked other things on me, maybe that's the thing that "pushed" her away from me

These are the things that I plan to do, maybe I forgot some. I just need some motivation, tell me is it a good idea to start "sorting" my life out?

EDIT: I'll update this thread every now and then, to post my progress...
Wow. This is really good. I really hope you change into something like this. Having fun every once in awhile is good but I think you will enjoy your new choices. I know everyone will support you here.
One myth of project management is that certain people have an innate ability to do it well, and others do not. Whenever this myth came up in conversation with other project managers, I always asked for an explanation of that ability—how to recognize it, categorize it, and, if possible, develop it in others. After discussion and debate, the only thing we usually identified—after considering many of the other topics and skills covered elsewhere in this book—is the ability to make things happen. Some people are able to apply their skills and talents in whatever combination necessary to move projects forward, and others cannot, even if they have the same or superior individual skills. The ability to make things happen is a combination of knowing how to be a catalyst or driver in a variety of different situations, and having the courage to do so.

This ability to drive is so important to some that it's used as a litmus test in hiring project managers. Even if PMs can't precisely define what the ability is without making at least some references to other skills, they do feel that they can sense or measure it in others. For example, an interviewer needs to ask herself the following question about the candidate: "If things were not going well on some important part of the project, would I feel confident sending this person into that room, into that discussion or debate, and believe he'd help find a way to make it better, whatever the problem was?" If after a round of interviews the answer is no, the candidate is sent home. The belief is that if he isn't agile or flexible enough to adapt his skills and knowledge to the situations at hand, and find ways to drive things forward, then he won't survive, much less thrive, on a typical project. This chapter is about that ability and the skills and tactics involved.

search engine optimization services
Congrats man, I'm glad you're seeing all this before it got to far. Especially with the alcohol thing, man. You don't need that. You'll be much happier when you stray from the negativity. I wish you the best, bro. Enjoy your life!
This is a really good way to look at it, I think with this kind of attitude you will do wonders.

Make sure to keep us updated man, and don't feel like you can't do something Smile
Very nice, I hope you manage to keep yourself to those rules and become a better person! And remember, don't drink and don't smoke. Smile
Well, managed to go through my first day without cigarettes, day two now... Big Grin
(08-24-2011, 09:36 PM)Makaveli Wrote: [ -> ]Well, managed to go through my first day without cigarettes, day two now... Big Grin

Haha, congrats on that. I've made it about 4 hours and I feel so clouded.
(08-25-2011, 09:00 AM)Kotto*N[ix]mouth Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, congrats on that. I've made it about 4 hours and I feel so clouded.

Hahaha, I know the feeling, day two passed, day three now woohoo Tongue
Actullay if you do this! You are gonna have a long lifetime Smile
Pages: 1 2