Support Forums

Full Version: My dog got SKUNKED.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was walking with him outside yesterday and he saw a thing go into a drainage tube under my driveway so he went to go investigate. He was under there barking and stuff. Then I started to smell the distinct smell of skunk and I was like, "Ohh f**kkkk." Anyways I wanted him to come out but he stayed under there for a while and he wouldn't come out so I was afraid that me may not be able to get out because I would imagine that it would be hard to move backwards in that tube. But after a few minutes he came out with a few scratches on his nose and a stinky disposition. I was surprised that he came out head first though, somehow he was able to turn around in there. He is a weiner dog though and they were bred to chase badgers out of their burrows, so he is naturally good at this. He got sprayed in the face so his eyes were shut. He started rubbing his face in the grass and rolling around. He threw up a few times too. I wasn't surprised considering that the skunk let off its nastiness in an enclosed space, it must have been really strong in the tube.

I washed him off and made him all better. He is still a little stinky but he is okay now. He seems all better and happy again which is good.

Here are some post incident shots:
This is what he looks like:
That's gross man, but I heard tomato juice or something like that helps get the smell off.
(08-18-2011, 06:49 PM)Mono Wrote: [ -> ]That's gross man, but I heard tomato juice or something like that helps get the smell off.

Yeah, it was gross. I didn't enjoy cleaning him. I don't have tomato juice. I used hydrogen peroxide and dish soap. That is supposed to help the dog get rid of the scent. It usually will just go away after a while though.
I would just put the dog outside after the bath and let him roll around in the dirt or something.
Yeah, heard tomato juice is the remedy.. I would stay away from harsh chemicals. My dog hasn't been "skunked", probably because we don't live near any wild-life.
Thats not good I hope your dog is okay, im pretty sure if it gets in there eyes its not good. I would take your doggy to the vet to make sure. Tomato is suppose to help yes, if you need to buy large cans of it you can do so at Cosco or Samsclub.
I think tomato juice helps that.
Thats unlucky, I've always wondered if skunks smell as bad as people say, Would like to find out lol
(08-21-2011, 04:50 PM)Nickpooz Wrote: [ -> ]Thats unlucky, I've always wondered if skunks smell as bad as people say, Would like to find out lol

I almost threw up from the smell when it was fresh. After everything gets cleaned it is just an annoyingly pungent odor.
My nan used to have a sausage dog too. He looked just like your dog! :O
Pages: 1 2