Support Forums

Full Version: Get OFF MY MIND...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, about three weeks back I returned from my military training. I was gone for 5 months and my relationship started to get rocky. I was anxious to come home and work on things. But I came home, and a few days later, she broke up with me. Didn't get that last date. Tried hard to get her to change her mind, but she had it on her mind for a few of the months while I was gone. So it developed quite a bit and I couldn't do much to fight it.
We've been broken up for the past three weeks. I haven't spoken to her and I am pretty good about keeping her off my mind, but so many things remind me.
Movies, actors, things I have.
It isn't that I can't go on without thinking about her. It just bugs the fudge out of me when I do think about her.
It drives me nuts.
I have come to the conclusion that this is for the better. I am only 19 (20 next month!) and I have just started my military career. I am going to start at a university full time next year. ROTC will take up just about all my time along with school. Plus, I have always wanted to try out the alternate life of being out to party a bit, maybe try out some one night stands. The whole college life. (I am that nice guy who doesn't normally do anything to get in trouble. Avoid drugs, alcohol. Always treating a woman as a friend first, all that crap that the Nice guys who finish last do. And yea, it has always left me to finish last.) A serious relationship isn't what I need right now. Education is what I need.

But when she gets on my mind, IT DRIVES ME NUTS!
What do you do to help get these kind of things off your mind, or to stop relating them to the removed... people...
You have to let the time do it's own thing. After time passes, the things will remind you less and more less about her. I've been in situations like that before where I couldn't get a girl off my mind. For the first few weeks or a month or two, you'll probably think about her at least once a day. But as the time passes, it'll pass days before you think of her. Just let the time do it's thing Smile. When she comes to your mind, just "switch topic" in your mind. Start thinking about something else and it'll pass in a minute or two. Good luck, hope I helped Smile
Ah yes I know. Time heals all. But I'm stuck in the current time and it sucks.
Well, it's hard to go against your mind. I know this advice sucks, but let yourself get over it. Start talking to some other girls, just to forget her. There's not much that you can do except wait.
If the break up recently happened she will be on your mind for awhile. Its the new girls you meet and your friends that will slowly help you forget. Breakups are always hard when you love the person. She just wasn't right for you and you need to find a new girl and move on.
Time will help, but try to find a new hobby you enjoy a lot. It can get your mind off of her and onto the future.