Support Forums

Full Version: My husband and his mum, are they normal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
We go to visit my mother-in-law every 2-3 months. I don't like to go there, and I don't think she likes to see me either.

Last weekend, We went there again. She doesn't let me talk to my husband much. Every time I talk, she will look upset and look away.
She speaks French to my husband and my husband replys in English. My mother-in-law can speak English, but she doesn't want to speak English in front of me. Of couse I don't understand French. And I saw her block her ear when I was talking.

I saw my mother-in-law eat food from my husband's plat, dipper into his sauce.

The most thing I can not accept is, She has insalting opnion about MY mum. She has no right to talk about my mum.Mad
Maybe she just doesnt like you or something? I would sit down and talk to her about it.
You should talk to your husband about it since it his mom, do you have any idea why she doesn't like you?
She not only doesn't like me. She hates me actually.

When people always looking upset, It's bit hard to talk. Of couse she only upset to me.
Well you need to get this resolved you dont want it to escalate. So i say talk to your husband about it and try to get him to
see how his mom feels about you and go from there.
Yesterday we talked about it for 3 hours.

His opinion is, he knows his mum is crazy. "a broken wall" that's what he disrable his mum. So he doesn't really want someone to argue with "a broken wall".

But the problem is, I had enough of taking crap from "a broken wall".
(08-14-2011, 06:39 PM)morchid Wrote: [ -> ]You should talk to your husband about it since it his mom, do you have any idea why she doesn't like you?

Because I'm chinese,and they are european.

She used to talked/complained about our daughter look like chinese. Actually my daughter look like just half half, half western half asian. And she is pretty and clever.
Well i suggest you just take manners into your own hands talk to her if she doesnt want to hear it o well thats her problem.
Just ignore it if anything else doesnt work.
He still want me to go his mum's place with him. He doesn't understand it is torture to me.
You need to start speaking out and express your feeling and your worries.
I did, trust me.

I even consider myself was rude to express my feeling in front of his mum. But when she "bite" about my mum thing, I can't stand any more.
No one have any feeling about his mum eating from his plate thing?

Was I being too sensitive?
Pages: 1 2 3 4