Support Forums

Full Version: Girlfriends Parents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I'm a little confused on what to do =/ (Not that there is much I can do >.<)

Background about me -

I'm currently 20, still living at home as I am still attending school and need to pay that off so I can't afford a living place at the moment. Since I'm still paying off schooling (which is about 5 grand a semester + books and supplies - roughly spent 7 grand last semester) I don't have much money to spend around.

My girlfriend is 17, her parents treat her... well let's just say she's kinda like Cinderella without the ball to go to. She gets pushed around, does everything in the house while her parents scream / put her down and just sit around =/ She still gets grounded, and that includes grounded from seeing me. The reason why I'm writing this up is because she just got grounded for seeing me for a month because her father didn't like the way she "Put the dishes away". She can't exactly leave as she's underage (Well she could but she really has no where to go) She doesn't have much money of her own either as her parents refuse to let her get a job until she's done highschool (1 more year of that). I tried to have her come live with me, but my parents refused as they feel her parents would then press charges on me / my parents arnt the wealthiest around. (Only my mom works =/)

I'm not sure what kind of charges they would press, but I see where my parents are coming from =/ there worried about it and they don't exactly have the money to support more people. (I mean were not exactly like scraping by, but we don't have an abundance =/ - If you get what I mean >.<)

So I'm kinda stuck, I feel like crap because I can't help her or do anything about her crap parents. I was advised to call the cops or something of that nature, but they haven't done anything "Illegal" so I can't really do that.

I just don't want to see her go through it anymore, I mean it's just heartbreaking you know?

Curious if anyone has any ideas =/ or how it could be made a bit better / has had this happen to them before and what they did...

Thanks in advance

Theres not much you can do. You said shes 17 so that means she'll be 18 soon enough. Will you parents let her stay then?

(08-14-2011, 10:34 AM)nomomydont Wrote: [ -> ]Theres not much you can do. You said shes 17 so that means she'll be 18 soon enough. Will you parents let her stay then?

To be completely honest I'm not sure =/ I think the main reason they don't want her to come is because of the money issue. Only my mom is working at the moment and my dads been unemployed for over a year =/

I've been looking for a job as well to support the family along with my schooling, but It's hard to even get an interview now... I've had no luck with it.
Does your GF have a job? Your in a tough spot with this so im not to sure what to say.

I know if shes only got a few months left befor shes 18 and she was staying with you, if your parents told the cops that her house is not a good place for her to be living and her parents treat her like crap and what not, most likely they would just leave the situation alone.

I had a similar situation when i was younger but my parents let her move in. She also had a job though and we where paying for our own food.
No, my girlfriend doesn't have a job. Her parents refuse to let her get one until she's done highschool =/

I'm trying to get my parents to let her move in but there pretty set on no =[
The best thing you could do is to convince her parents to let her move in with you if she can get a job and kind of provide for herself.

Keep in mind that if you guys break up, her parents might refuse to let her come back.

You might just have to deal with it :/