Support Forums

Full Version: Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think SupportFourms should have the same character count as HackForums. It will help the quality so much. I've seen so many short answers in some threads.

Also what about a view your posts button by view your threads?

Just some stuff I have thought about that I think are very useful.
First suggestion is decent, however I don't think it should be as drastic as it is on HF. Perhaps limit it to 15 characters. Remember quantity doesn't always mean quality. Sometimes all you need is a short answer.

The View Your Posts button has been suggested many times before and I don't think Omni will be adding it anytime soon.
I would like to just see something for the number of characters. 50 would probably be to much with this forum for now. And I didn't know the other was suggested before. Sorry about that. Thanks for your input though Thumbsup
I agree.

(message too short)
Hehe
(08-13-2011, 08:46 AM)Skream Wrote: [ -> ]First suggestion is decent, however I don't think it should be as drastic as it is on HF. Perhaps limit it to 15 characters. Remember quantity doesn't always mean quality. Sometimes all you need is a short answer.

The View Your Posts button has been suggested many times before and I don't think Omni will be adding it anytime soon.

I agree with this completely, The community here isn't as bad as Hackforums either... Meaning that the majority of posts are actually High Quality, also you have to look at what just recently happened to hackforums. The "Not gaining posts in some sections" Has been removed, which is why the post character limit had been increased to 50.

A view your post button would be nice, but as said it's been requested quite a few times and yet to be put in =/
I don't know if it should be 50, but maybe 35, 40, or 45. I have to agree with this slightly though. I don't think it is currently that much of a problem although to have to go to a drastic measure such as this, this soon.
The "view your own posts" button seems unnecessary to me?

All I do is press my name in the top left where it says "Welcome back, Carbide" which takes me to my profile, then from there I press "Find all posts".

Does the same thing and takes maybe 2 seconds, so I don't think a specific button for it is necessary.
Offtopic:
Sorry but i have done the same for you.. you have just posted here show him that you have reported his post.

Ontopic: Nice suggestions buddy i really want to see the first one implemented here. Some peoples just came here to get SF award on HF and also they keeps Bumping old threads, which is really annoying. Omni should install Auto Lock Plugin here so that old threads will get locked after certain period of time.
I run this place differently. Please don't make site to site comparisons as if they are the same.
On HF, people just put things like [Too Short] or useless stuff like that which doesn't improve the quality at all. However, on SF I think the quality is better, although we do have our members who contribute LQP we're pretty good about keeping HQ. Simply adding a character limit is not a sure fire solution to raise the quality. The members who are producing LQ posts will find a way around it and sometimes a short answer can be a quality answer.
Pages: 1 2