Support Forums

Full Version: [Question] How Do I Make A Notepad Open And Type Something?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have seen programs that have files where when you open them, it is notepad and it starts typing something.

I would like to know how to do that?
If anyone knows, please tell me.

PM
AIM: dakotahibbard
or
Reply to thread.

Thanks!(:
Those are special batch files that are created to do that. They start out as text files, and then are later turned into VBS files. Id suggest looking around a forum with such knowledge that exists. :]
Im confused a batch fiile..? like an exe file?
Since this thread was bumped, you can create a text file, then open it and delete the original. Or you can use Windows messages to send a message to the system about the edit class embedded in notepad.

Haphazard, that link you gave was for Windows shell scripting in vbs, otherwise that's also assuming he uses Visual C++, unless the OP posted this in the wrong section, and it was supposed to be VB.net
This is not possible with C++, but yes you may do it with vbscript. Easily done.
Not possible with C++, what are you talking about? It's very possible, look into the windows API for sending windows messages through user32.dll.
(09-18-2011, 03:30 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Not possible with C++, what are you talking about? It's very possible, look into the windows API for sending windows messages through user32.dll.

Well, then I must be having less knowledge bout it.
he would need to specify the params for the specific system window, and send the data to the "Edit" class for notepad. Also, pretty much anything that can be done with vbs, can be done in C++. It's a more developed language.