Support Forums

Full Version: Setting Bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to install a new 2T Seagate SATA Barracuda Green hard drive. I have it in and hooked up however the computer is not reading it. Is there something with the Bios that I need to change to get it to be found. Right now computer is not finding it.

Computer is a Dell with XP 2003 32 bit

Trying to help a friend out. Need some help bad.
Does it not see the drive in the BIOS?
Maybe the drive is busted? A lot of newer HDD's with big storage sizes often don't work correctly. Check your power and SATA cables, and make sure you have it plugged into a SATA Master port, if you can.
I would check to make sure that your motherboard supports the drive too. Especially if you have an older computer, since older motherboards don't support SATA and just IDE
(08-11-2011, 10:45 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Does it not see the drive in the BIOS?

I have gone to the Bios and it says the SATA is on however when I boot the computer the "found new software" does not open nothing happens and when I go to my computer it is not showing up
(08-11-2011, 11:07 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I would check to make sure that your motherboard supports the drive too. Especially if you have an older computer, since older motherboards don't support SATA and just IDE

Well the Mother Board has the plugs for it and according to what I am seeing it does I am just confused with what it is doing and how... I have put them in before and had no problem there is just something not right and I can not figure it out. However I do understand that it still might now except it. Maybe just best to take it back and get an IDE and for get it