Support Forums

Full Version: 2004 Chevy cavalier 2.2 ecotec engine Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 2004 Chevy cavalier 2.2 ecotec engine. when the temperature gauge reaches 195 deg the car starts to sputter in about 5 mins after it shuts down and wont restart till the temp drops to 140 deg. I have put a new thermostat and water pump on 2 days ago. today i changed the temp sensor and flushed the radiator. I noticed the cooling fan doesn't come on unless i force it on with the heater control on the dash. after i force the cooling fan on it still shuts the engine down. Can anybody help ?
I have no idea what you're talking about.. But perhaps its just a piece of crap car?
Cavs arnt generally that amazing. Try fixing the fan, or replacing it. Or fin other ways to cool it.
(08-15-2011, 01:35 PM)Fruitella Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea what you're talking about.. But perhaps its just a piece of crap car?

Then perhaps you shouldn't be here.

@OP
Check your fan clutch.
Why do you people even post? To prove how worthless you are? Untitled is correct. When your car is cold, try to spin your fan. It should spin freely. When your car is hot, it should be very hard to spin. I would put all my money on your fan clutch. Unless you have an electric fan?