Support Forums

Full Version: Girls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright, for a while, 2 friends of this girl on my cross country team told me a girl liked me (their best friend). It was not long after that that the girl began to run beside me and a friend of mine. Mind you, she was pretty introverted (I am too so...). We never said much and I basically bombed it there by saying almost nothing.

After that, the XC season ended and it has been a year. I have had a relationship come and go. Now, XC is back into play and I am single. Her friends are making jokes about when I am going to talk to her and I think they are giving her a hard time about it, but I cannot be entirely sure.

Anyhow, I was trying to chat her up on Facebook and just get SOME conversation going (she became famous in my mind for giving one word answers which is different from all the girls I usually talk to). Recently, I tried again and she has yet to respond. Her friends are still rather....pestering. Is she ignoring me and her friends are just trying to mess with me? I mean, she is pretty good looking, but one of her friends is the gossipy type and is like a 9. Is she just messing with me because she can?

I have never dealt with a shy girl before...I am introverted (to some extent) and pretty laid back. It has never stopped me before....but now, I have no idea how to handle this. I want her, but it feels like I can never say the right thing or do the right thing. I have not even gotten her number. T.T
Talking over the internet or phone is pretty misleading.

It can get some bad things in your mind.

My best bet would to talk to her in real life, just talk.

If it seems like she likes you then, well ask her out.

Just never rely on internet conversations, they are so misleading and confusing.
People act differently online then irl. As Mark suggested, talk in person.
(08-10-2011, 05:48 AM)spY[3Mo] Wrote: [ -> ]People act differently online then irl. As Mark suggested, talk in person.

I agree it's 100% true online and irl are completely different.
The problem I often have with her irl is that when we are talking, I cannot read her....at all. I usually can read people and their expressions, but she is almost impossible. My impression is that she is not interested....but if she was not, she would not continue to try to hang around me. I have no idea what impression she has of me. Extroverts are far easier to read than this...but I know that a relationship with an extroverted girl will (and has been known to) fail.
OMG THAT WAS YOU!?

Lol, calm down, just kidding man. I used to have the feeling that I was being trolled also, but just be confident and if she is shy, just keep talking to her and keep a conversation going. Finding a topic both of you are interested in is key.
Just go for it. Tell her she's hot and see what happens.

Playing guessing games is what women do... If you want her, just cut to the chase. Play your own game, not hers.
If she messages you and says she has a concussion and her medicine knocked her on her ass... she is ignoring you. :|
(08-10-2011, 05:48 AM)spY[3Mo] Wrote: [ -> ]People act differently online then irl. As Mark suggested, talk in person.

In person is always best, online if you are shy honestly. Tongue
(08-12-2011, 10:37 PM)DeathxXxAwaits Wrote: [ -> ]In person is always best, online if you are shy honestly. Tongue
You are right Thumbsup
Pages: 1 2 3