Support Forums

Full Version: Someone, please give me some uppity advice. :S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am about to turn 16. I have never had a girlfriend. I feel like I am never going to get one. You tell me how to get one, I am sure I will reply to you with why your advice it won't work. I am scared to talk to girls.
If you're scared to talk to girls there is almost nothing we can say to help you.

That is a hurdle you need to jump over.

All I can say is man up, get some courage, and just talk to them like a friend, keep trying with lots of friends until you're able to keep a fluid conversation going with lots of girls, and you feel confident.

Then just find a girl who hopefully doesn't go to your school, and the rest should be easy.

Best of luck
thanks man. well, i can talk to girls easily, but its talking to them for the first time. i cannot stand awkwardness. i would blush lol.
"Just be yourself" "They are humans too" Boy I hate that kind of advice. I have to admit
I to went through a period where I could not help but blush during a one to one conversation with a girl
At around 11 - 12 just as I entered puberty. A little trick that helped me was to keep your mind on other
things, for instance I used to think a theme tune of a program I enjoyed in my head, just to keep my
mind off the fact that "Oh no im talking to a girl" (Thoughts like that really just put unneeded stress on
a situation) worked like a charm, now im doing fine.
When I was afraid of girls I would grab a shitload of my homeboys and not make it so awkward and then after a while it would just be me and her this works, i tell you ;)
Here's something which may help you:

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=20965
Well if you're scared to talk to girls, then they're probably scared to talk to you. Don't be scared. Whats the worst that can happen if they walk away from you?
True, you have to at least talk with a girl to get to know her and understand her personality.
What I do is just have an "i dont care about anything that happens" attitude...
this way even if things dont go well i wont let it bother me