Support Forums

Full Version: My dad is always drinking...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It seems like every minute that my dad is home, he is always drinking beer. When he gets drunk, he just wanders around downstairs, and goes and sits on the front porch at 1 in the morning. As I'm typing this, he just went and got another beer from the fridge. It's embarrassing when my friends are over and he gets drunk, like last night. The drunkest Ive ever seen him was at a NASCAR race a year ago. He was so drunk that he kept falling over when he tried to walk. I just can't stand him drinking so much, it pisses me off. Last night he had a whole 12 pack of cans, and some bottles. Today was his off day and he was drunk by 3. It makes me so mad....
Hey Slick_,

It seems that your dad may be an alcoholic, try talking to him about it, if he denies being an alcoholic then that's a classic sign of alcoholism, denial. If he does admit it, then that's good, you should try to find him some help, or encourage him to do so. I hope I helped, if need be I will go more in depth tomorrow, I'm just really tired right now.
Confront him about his drinking problem, Try talking to your mom or any other family member that feels how you feel then intervention.
Confront him and tell him to stop
also talk to your whole family about it
and get him into rehab
Hes an alcoholic talk to ur local aaa and bring him
I know what you mean, in a sense. My friend's step-dad is a BAD drunk. I have never seen him sober, not once. It is not only bad for you emotionally, but him physically. I would suggest trying to talk to him about it, when he is sober. Not in an offensive manner, but let him know how you feel about it. You never know, he may just need a notice from his family that it's out of control.
It's just so hard for ne to talk to him about it. When I tell my mom, she just says that she can't control other people's choices.
Talk to him about it in a non confronting way. Even use joke around a bit using examples of how drunk he was when your friends were over and have a friendly conversation. Then slowly make it a bit more personal and sincere and hope he understands your feelings.

Another less safe approach is to get caught drinking a beer by your mother or aunt or teacher (or anywhere you won't get in too much trouble) and when your father questions you, say you thought it was cool because he does it and he will understand that by being your paragon he needs to behave responsibly.
Things like this are not always as simple as "Talk to him about it"
please just answer me this, is your situation with your father close? Also
is he an angry drunk? or a happy drunk?
(08-03-2011, 08:17 PM)Slick_ Wrote: [ -> ]It's just so hard for ne to talk to him about it. When I tell my mom, she just says that she can't control other people's choices.

I feel for you bro, alcohol is very bad if you get addicted to it, as it can split people apart :/
Pages: 1 2 3