Support Forums

Full Version: How To Help Yourself Feel Good About Yourself And Feel Important.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Support Forums
Here Is A Support Tutorial To Help Yourself Feel Good
Made by Me - BreShiE
Giving Out A Helping Hand
[Image: help.jpg]

Sometimes we all feel like there's something not quite right inside of us. We all know how it feels to feel unnecessary. It's good to know you feel this way because you can then begin to work on it. We need to understand we are who we are and that will never change. Understand we all have something good to bring to the table. Sometimes a little support can take us a long way. Some may not have support but all that means is you need to push yourself 10 times harder than everyone else.

Here are a few things you can do to help yourself feel good about your character.

1) Look in the mirror and tell yourself 10 things you love about yourself. This should only take about 10 minutes.

2) Put some effort in to how you look. The way you look plays a big role in the way you feel.

3) Don't worry about what others think of you. As long as you don't agree with what they're saying! (Example: Negative comments.)

4) Sometimes we NEED to have reasons to pamper ourselves. Yours could be: "I DESERVE IT!"

5) Try to ask an older sister, mum, cousin, aunt or your grandma how she felt about her appearance when he or she was about your age. What does he or she know now that she wishes he'd/she'd know then? Compare what he or she said with your past-experiences

5) Tell your family and friends about your accomplishments. When you accomplish something you're really proud of - whether it's passing a tough test or finishing a winning soccer season -that's when you're at your most beautiful. Give yourself a pat on the back! Call a grandparent or e-mail a favorite aunt to share the news. Celebrate with family and friends.

6) Don't obsess about your appearance. Everyone is beautiful in their own special way. It's fine to want to see what's changing and to daydream about who you're becoming. But spending too much time in front of the mirror - or peeking at your reflection in every mirror you pass - is not worth it. You've got better things to do!

7) The Most Important One! Don't forget to smile! Smile
[Image: smile.jpg]

I hope this can help some members here at SupportForums, I myself had many issues while growing up, such as bullying and lack of self confidence, but there's one thing I've learned.

"Things can only get better".

I myself have been in some bad situations in my lifetime, so of which could of been avoided, but to find where it's leaded me to in life now, I wouldn't change anything about my life. Some things have to happen for others to happen in the future, I'm not a huge believer of fate, but there's a lot of stuff that's happened if my life time that if I was to do differently would have a dramatically different effect on my life. If things are bad, just wait it out, it will turn out well in the end!
Quote:6) Don't obsess about your appearance. Everyone is beautiful in their own special way. It's fine to want to see what's changing and to daydream about who you're becoming. But spending too much time in front of the mirror - or peeking at your reflection in every mirror you pass - is not worth it. You've got better things to do!

I think this is true, some people think they need to be like JB or some skinny coke whore. For allot of girls they feel like they are not like the models they see on TV.

I think it's more important to find inner beauty, nicely written.

Don't forget to smile ;)
That's a really good post.
Thank-you for both of your kind replies, took me quite a while to type up, but it's worth it.
This will help out many new members thanks Smile
No, thank-you for posting. Smile
I think it's a decent guide. Emotions all start with the mind, the better you can control your own mind, the less of an influence your surroundings and any other external influences will have on you.
(07-30-2011, 09:58 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's a decent guide. Emotions all start with the mind, the better you can control your own mind, the less of an influence your surroundings and any other external influences will have on you.

That's so true, you seem like an extremely wise person, why don't you apply for the Emotional Helpers?
This is a really good post; I'm having such a terrible day today, this made me smile. I will consider each and every one of these steps. I appreciate the time you put into this. Thanks Smile
(07-30-2011, 10:09 PM)GmZ Wrote: [ -> ]This is a really good post; I'm having such a terrible day today, this made me smile. I will consider each and every one of these steps. I appreciate the time you put into this. Thanks Smile

No problem at all my friend, I specifically made this post for those everyday problems that get in our way and try to stop us from being our selves. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3