Support Forums

Full Version: Are scooters popular in the United States?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm just wondering, I currently reside in France, I've only visited the United States as a child. Anyways, back on topic, are scooters popular in the United States, because in France, about a 1/3 of the population owns a scooter, and you're legally allowed to drive one at the age of 14.

[Image: Vespa-GTV250Navy_01.jpg]
I once visited France years back and I do remember everyone driving these scooters ALL over the place like in Paris ect.
To answer your question for the places I have lived they are not popular at all.

The reason for this is because in France...or at least the areas I was in the roads were very tiny and it just seemed like it was must easier to get around in a scooter but for the US the roads are much larger so we are able to be hauling around SUV's and Hummers ect. that I just could not see in Paris when I was there lol

Sure they have them here but the people that I see driving them are around 15ish because you are actually able to drive these a year before you get your ACTUAL license for a car so they want to be mobile and get place to place and are able to at a year younger.
My brother was going to get one when he was 15 but for the cost and knowing he would have his license in a year after (16) he saved his money and bought a car instead.
(07-27-2011, 07:57 PM)Launcher Wrote: [ -> ]I once visited France years back and I do remember everyone driving these scooters ALL over the place like in Paris ect.
To answer your question for the places I have lived they are not popular at all.

The reason for this is because in France...or at least the areas I was in the roads were very tiny and it just seemed like it was must easier to get around in a scooter but for the US the roads are much larger so we are able to be hauling around SUV's and Hummers ect. that I just could not see in Paris when I was there lol

Sure they have them here but the people that I see driving them are around 15ish because you are actually able to drive these a year before you get your ACTUAL license for a car so they want to be mobile and get place to place and are able to at a year younger.
My brother was going to get one when he was 15 but for the cost and knowing he would have his license in a year after (16) he saved his money and bought a car instead.

Wow, cleared it right up for me! Thank you! Big Grin

FYI: They're also used as a fashion tool.
(07-27-2011, 07:57 PM)Launcher Wrote: [ -> ]I once visited France years back and I do remember everyone driving these scooters ALL over the place like in Paris ect.

Yes, they are not so popular because of their standard and also other reasons.
Scooters aren't popular in large towns, but I do see people driving motorcycles/scooters in the small town I live in.
I think they arent as popular as in germany. In germany most teenagers in the small villages have one. Here is a very big "scooter tuning scene" as well. Some street scoots drive around 120 km/h (Most are allowed to drive 25-45 km/h)
In small towns they are. They may be getting bigger as gas prices rise.
Barcelona is a big town, and everyone there rides scooters for that very reason. It means you don't have to sit in traffic all day.

They're not as popular in England as they are in places I've been to around Spain, France and Portugal.
No, we use cars:

[Image: 4d779cbd7d5cc6fceddd1a475313f6c7.png]

That's what a car looks like, just in case you haven't seen one before Smile
Lol showing what a car looks like :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6