Support Forums

Full Version: Forum Source | The ultimate forum owner and addict community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

What is Forum Source?
Forum Source is your one stop for all things forum, we are a community in which forum owners and forum goers can connect with each other to share ideas, tools, tips, tutorials, themes, plugins, even general chatter and much much more! Whether you're an experienced webmaster / forum owner or someone who's just getting started, Forum Source is the right place for you. Extremely helpful and informational articles and tutorials are posted every day to help others excel in their preferred forum software along with themes to spice up your forum, plugins to add more functionality, tools to help you manage it, and tips to help you succeed! We don't limit ourselves to only forums however, there are areas of the forum to discuss general webmaster goodies such as search engine optimization (SEO), marketing and tons more!

About Forum Source
Forum Source was a project that started on July 26, 2010. I started this project because I wanted to start a web development type forum, but one that I was passionate about. Ever since I really started getting on the internet, I've been a forum... well, whore, or addict. Because of this, I decided to start Forum Source, a forum in which addicts and owners like myself could come to chat about the various type of forum software on the internet, popular, or not. Version one of Forum Source was IP.Board, my personal favorite, but it ended up falling through as no one showed interest to it. Just recently I decided to start it up again whether it sparked the interest of anyone, or just sat here, dead. Even if there's no activity I plan on posting juicy content for anyone who might visit the community to read. I plan on posting all of my ideas and endeavors and helping other people succeed as a forum owner or addict, the ins and outs of the forum world.

Our Plans For Forum Source
We have huge plans for Forum Source and hope it goes very far. Eventually we plan on branching out and creating a full blown blog as well as resource area in which users may download all of the things we, or others create and submit. Our blog will have all of the latest happenings around the forum world for all of the different forum software out there. Aside from these plans and goals, our number one goal is to create a friendly environment and community for people to simply enjoy. We want our users to feel at home and to feel as if they can keep coming back to have a great time online.

Want To Help?
I can't do this all by myself, so I'll need some help. Want to be that help? I'm currently looking for theme developers, plugin coders, tool creators, and pretty much anything you can think of. If you're advanced in any of these areas, feel free to contact me, simply send me a private message on Forum Source and I'll give you more information on how you can join the team. This will be voluntary work, though as we make money, whether it be from ads or premium downloads, you will be paid according to how much you've done. I hope to see plenty of people showing interest in working with Forum Source!

Resources:
Tutorial Index:
(TUTORIALS CREATED BY THE FORUM SOURCE STAFF)

MyBB
IPB
General
Simple Machines
Advertise For Us:
Code:
[url=http://forumsource.org/][img]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9431/promotion.png[/img][/url]

[Image: promotion.png]

Get Posting!
We hope to see you there!
http://forumsource.org
It is okay, the colors are, depressing a little bit.
(07-26-2011, 03:56 AM)Droid™ Wrote: [ -> ]It is okay, the colors are, depressing a little bit.

Are they? What would you like better?
Bump, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

I really appreciate feedback!
Pretty nice forum. Maybe chance the color scheme to something a little less white? Maybe a grey/ metallic like style?
I am going to sign up for this forum.

I am on mobile browsing the site right now, but i glimpsed and seen that the forum is for people that are forum adict's like yourself and myself.

So i would love to sign up as soon as i get home and get on the PC.
(07-27-2011, 04:33 PM)Teruko Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty nice forum. Maybe chance the color scheme to something a little less white? Maybe a grey/ metallic like style?

You mean like the background of the index, rather than the container?

I might try a really light shade of gray and see how it looks.

(07-27-2011, 06:18 PM)Derp™ Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to sign up for this forum.

I am on mobile browsing the site right now, but i glimpsed and seen that the forum is for people that are forum adict's like yourself and myself.

So i would love to sign up as soon as i get home and get on the PC.

Sounds great Derp, can't wait to see you there!

I've updated the title because we're doing pretty well on activity. Thumbsup

We've almost hit 500 posts! We're growing pretty quickly, be a part of it. Confusedmile:

Also, we've created a new theme, check it out.
Well, I know this is gonna irritate you, but... I liked the old theme better.
(07-29-2011, 01:02 PM)Terridax Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I know this is gonna irritate you, but... I liked the old theme better.

What about it did you like better?

I'm not sure if you're a registered member, but if you are, you can always use the other theme by changing the settings in your user control panel. I created a new theme because people asked me if I could add some color... I also created it because I wanted the forum to look somewhat different than most MyBB forums and so far it's looking alright. I'll be releasing the current theme today.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13