Support Forums

Full Version: So yeah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Probably isn't the best place to get help, but my girlfriend of 5 years left me yesterday.

She said was tired of being 'committed' to one person, and I don't know what to do.

My uncle tried to commit suicide yesterday by hanging himself, but the rope broke.

Which is the only reason I haven't done anything, because everyone in my family is going through enough emotional type stuff already, why add to it?

I've always had a problem with huffing kitchen supplies, but tonight, I feel like I almost OD'd, which I don't want to, but I was just so depressed I couldn't help myself, and I'm here alone, so nobody was here to call the ambulance or anything, but I'm just trying to decide what to do with life.

I've tried the only thing I know how to do, which is huff, but it's obviously not getting me anywhere just making it worse, and I want to go to a therapist or something, but I'm scared of letting my parents know what's going on.

I've been in my room for the past two days, because of what happened, sleeping, or trying to sleep, until my parents left, then I immediately go into the kitchen or the bathroom, and spray, febreeze or any other kind of spray into a plastic bag, and just breath out of the bag.

then I'll do it until I pass out, then again, then I usually stop, but tonight I kept going, like I didn't care what would happen.

I'm just really going through a lot, and I could use someone to tell me everything is going to be ok, and that I need to stop doing things like this.

I've never really asked for much, and I just thought I'd post this :/
Everything will be okay, fudge your girlfriend.
You'll find a better girl, And you should stop "huffing" it's selfish.
If you OD and die your leaving everyone that loves you.
It WILL be alright.
I am sorry to here about your girlfriend and all.

The number one thing you need to stop doing is huffing.
One of my good friends tried huffing Anti Freeze and now he looks like Freddy Krueger!
Haha..

I wouldn't want that to happen to you.

I have a counselor and I feel the same way about telling my parents, well my mom.

It will be okay though, keep your chin up.
Dude girls will come and go in life, you will find the one that's perfect for you someday.. the wait sucks, and especially if she was your first love. Your young you got time.. that is if you stop doing things like "huffing" that's just dumb man.. you got a life. use it, find something you like to do. If you listen to rap music you might know the song "bitches ain't s***" by YG. lol that's what you need to be bumpin. Dude stop acting dumb, ill come to where ever u live and give you a hug if that's what it takes.
All I have to say is that there are many fish in the sea. I know no matter what anyone says I am sure you loved her and do not know what to do with life anymore.
Just try to keep busy and go out with friends if possible because it will keep your mind off of things.

Getting past the first 21 days are the hardest thing you will ever do. 5 years is a very long time so I understand what you are going through.
If you were an amazing bf and the only reason was that she did not want to feel commited I feel like she will realize after awhile what she threw away and that you are probably an amazing person that did not deserve it, but if you think about it, she is not worth your time if she can throw something away so amazing and you will save tons of money and time.
I have had a gf pretend that she still loved me for a pretty long time and let me tell you that hurts a lot more to know about then anything so I feel your pain because I just always look back at all the time I wasted and just knowing how many other girls are out there that will treat you right and much better and will want to actually be commited to just you!
I am not sure how old you are but if you are still really young I would stay single for awhile since you just got out of a long relationship and just see how it feels to just be able to talk to tons of girls and everything.
Just do not try to think that it will all come right away. Most of the people you know will probably not even know you are single right away or just think that you are still trying to get over things so just do your own thing and try to stay healthy and keep busy so that you do not have to keep huffing things to keep sane.

Best of luck! Just remember you are not the only one that has gone through this. Many many people have and its just something most of us have to go through life and it really does make us stronger knowing that we can get through it.
I feel you guys both.. gf of 1 year and me just broke up about a month back. it hurt so bad.. im moving on but just follow launchers advice he is talking legit.
If someone told me they were “tired of being committed” I would disown them. Does that sound unfair? I think that in my defense, telling me you are tired of committing to someone is “unfair.”