Support Forums

Full Version: Turn The Bass Up In iTunes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, today I'm going to show you how to increase the bass in iTunes. Just follow the images below! Note: Only works for sub-woofers.

First off, open iTunes, and click on the View button.

[Image: 3cf5364e791b7cf511b75b2b3d24cee0.png]

Second, once clicked on View, click on Show Equalizer. Sorry for no pics, it just won't work.

Once in Show Equalizer, copy these settings and you'll have a nice big bass! Credits to Ace on here for the new image since I'm a noob.

[Image: iecZRY.png]
lol Those are some of the worst Equalizer settings i've ever seen. That's not adding to the "bass", and you'd have the same effect if all of the right sliders were set to 0dB. Why did you move the Preamp down to -12dB though? Keep that at 0dB, and the rest of them at 0dB as well. Then change the first 3 (of the right hand sliders) to a higher level. Those are your bass frequencies.

All you did was slide the Preamp down to reduce all of the upper/higher level frequencies, making the lower sound out more. It's more efficient to do everything on the right though.
(07-20-2011, 07:32 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]lol Those are some of the worst Equalizer settings i've ever seen. That's not adding to the "bass", and you'd have the same effect if all of the right sliders were set to 0dB. Why did you move the Preamp down to -12dB though? Keep that at 0dB, and the rest of them at 0dB as well. Then change the first 3 (of the right hand sliders) to a higher level. Those are your bass frequencies.

All you did was slide the Preamp down to reduce all of the upper/higher level frequencies, making the lower sound out more. It's more efficient to do everything on the right though.

Oh. But these work for me, I saw them from a YouTube video a while ago and been using them. I didn't know they'll work for other people or what.
Youtube videos aren't created by pro's, but here's a test EQ setting I just created.

It makes more sense if you understand frequencies and dB. I used to be a sound technician for a couple years before my life with computers started. Only reason I still know some of this stuff is because I create my own music too lol

That might even be a little too much bass, but if you keep the shape of the first 3 bands, and move all 3 down a bit, you can adjust the bass to upper frequency ratio, move those first 3 down and it will sound like you have more mid or treble.
(07-20-2011, 07:41 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Youtube videos aren't created by pro's, but here's a test EQ setting I just created.

It makes more sense if you understand frequencies and dB. I used to be a sound technician for a couple years before my life with computers started. Only reason I still know some of this stuff is because I create my own music too lol

That might even be a little too much bass, but if you keep the shape of the first 3 bands, and move all 3 down a bit, you can adjust the bass to upper frequency ratio, move those first 3 down and it will sound like you have more mid or treble.
I hope you don't mind if I add that to my thread. Whistle

No go ahead, I don't copyright any of my posts, no permission needed lol Smile

If you want some more information the 500 band is around where your "mid" EQ values would be. Typically you want the First and last bands to be low, otherwise you'd have clipping if that's the way real music was created, fortunately this is just an external EQ setting so it's fine to disregard that rule somewhat.
(07-20-2011, 08:02 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]No go ahead, I don't copyright any of my posts, no permission needed lol Smile

If you want some more information the 500 band is around where your "mid" EQ values would be. Typically you want the First and last bands to be low, otherwise you'd have clipping if that's the way real music was created, fortunately this is just an external EQ setting so it's fine to disregard that rule somewhat.

Thanks. I added it and gave you credit. Yeye
lol Thanks for that I love bass and techno songs.