Support Forums

Full Version: Help please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, pretty much my mum and dad split up around 6 years ago, I stopped seeing my dad around 4 years ago (I'm 16, almost 17 atm), recently my dad phoned and I picked up, he said he wanted to see me and stuff and I didn't know what to say, I put the phone down and ignored the calls I kept recieving.

I know that I don't want to see him again, he was a fudged up druggie who used to start fights with people over nothing, but then I keep thinking "What if hes changed?"

What would you do in my situation? My life is quite comfortable without him but I feel guilty for some reason even though he is the dick not me :S

~Bckc
Just explain to him that you are at a good point in your life atm and you would prefer not to meet up with him. If he cares about you he'll be hurt but ultimately he should understand. Then maybe you can suggest the idea of minimal communication between the two of you until you feel more comfortable with letting him into your life again.
(07-15-2011, 02:19 PM)Decept ♥ Wrote: [ -> ]Just explain to him that you are at a good point in your life atm and you would prefer not to meet up with him. If he cares about you he'll be hurt but ultimately he should understand. Then maybe you can suggest the idea of minimal communication between the two of you until you feel more comfortable with letting him into your life again.

The thing is, he's made a lot of enemies in his time, and hes getting old now, hes probably going to end up getting shot, if not hes probably gonna OD on something, I don't want to become "comfortable" with him again because even if we did turn out allright in the end hes probably going to die within the next few years.
(07-15-2011, 02:36 PM)bckc Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is, he's made a lot of enemies in his time, and hes getting old now, hes probably going to end up getting shot, if not hes probably gonna OD on something, I don't want to become "comfortable" with him again because even if we did turn out allright in the end hes probably going to die within the next few years.

You should tell him how you feel. The best thing you can do is be honest with him.
(07-15-2011, 03:01 PM)Decept ♥ Wrote: [ -> ]You should tell him how you feel. The best thing you can do is be honest with him.

He sounded drunk when I first picked up the phone to him, I find it dificult to communicate with people when they're intoxicated.

Either way if he calls back I'll be honest with him, thanks for your help.
Just keep ignoring him, if that's what you feel is appropriate.

Being a druggie has consequences. One of those consequences is that your kids might never talk to you again or want to be around you. If he doesn't realize that, too bad for him because he's a moron...
See if he changed and give him one last chance. If he still has his old ways and didn't change, drop all contact with him. Go with your gut.
It's really up to you, everyone has a different situation with their parents and if you don't want to see him then you shouldn't.
Hard to say. You should try to ask him about his life and how he has been. This will give you a better determination if he has changed or not.