Support Forums

Full Version: Bad situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so ill begin by saying ive been with my girlfriend for 2 and a half years, and i love her, but i was on holiday a few weeks ago, and i literally met my perfect girl, she's exactly like me in every way, apart from, i live in the UK, she is in the US... We've both agreed we'd be perfect together but we cant be. The issue is i really love her and now all the things my gf does just annoy me, i would stop speaking to the other girl but she has depression tendancies and im afraid of what might happen if i leave her (we arent actually going out)
You can always stay in contact with the girl from the US, which I'm sure you have. Either way, if your girlfriend is being annoying, then talk to her about it and maybe even break up with her. Unless you are madly in love with her or it's a every now and again annoying thing that doesn't bother so much, there's no reason to keep a relationship with her if you are annoyed by her.

As for the girl in the US, there's not much you can do because of the distance unless you are okay with a long distance relationship. You can always just be friends, you never know. I've had friends that were girls that I felt were perfect in every way for me but, not in a relationship way. So we just stayed friends and it has been great.

I understand how you feel, had the same thing.

Had a girlfriend here in Holland, went on vacation but met another girl that was perfect and thought the same about me.
She was Dutch to but lived on the other side of the country.
We had a good time but when I got back home and was back with my girlfriend again it wasn't as it was before. She wasn't like the one girl I liked.

Everything she did was else.

We broke up and it was fine.
It seems the only thing you can do is trust your feelings. If you really still love your current gf, then you should talk to her about what's been annoying you about her and see if you both can figure out a way to work it out. If this other girl is who you're really sure about then you could always break up with your current gf in a way that doesn't hurt her. But keep in mind that you'll probably have to keep a long-distance relationship and that doesn't always work out too well. You've been with your current gf for a while and you probably still love her. Think straight and try to make yourself think clearly. Maybe your imagining your gf is annoying so you have an excuse to go after this other girl you met. Best of luck and I hope things turn out for the better.
Long distance relationships usually don't work, and remember you didn't know the US girl for long, she might have lots of annoying habits.

If things are going well with you and your girlfriend don't break up with her, if there going badly break up with her or sit it out.

Either way I wouldn't get involved with the US girl.
(07-15-2011, 03:04 PM)bckc Wrote: [ -> ]Long distance relationships usually don't work, and remember you didn't know the US girl for long, she might have lots of annoying habits.

If things are going well with you and your girlfriend don't break up with her, if there going badly break up with her or sit it out.

Either way I wouldn't get involved with the US girl.

Yea, pretty much this... If you have a girlfriend, but she annoys you -- why would you trade down to a LD relationship? That doesn't really make sense to me. Get rid of the local girl and find another local girl. Just my opinion.
If you're in a relationship that you don't want to be a part of, you should break up with her. It's never good to continue a relationship that is going downhill (unless you can revive it). It will only get worse and you'll break up eventually. Make sure you're not breaking up with her for the other girl though, do it because it's a bad relationship.
Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to keep the US girl as a friend but stay with my girlfriend and try to get the relationship fixed, we've been a bit better since I posted this
(07-16-2011, 06:09 AM)thespragg Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to keep the US girl as a friend but stay with my girlfriend and try to get the relationship fixed, we've been a bit better since I posted this

Glad to hear it, I think you've made the right decision.

Let me just put it this way. If you have second thoughts on being with the one you supposively love, then my guess is that you two will not be fit for each other. Just my opinion.
Pages: 1 2