Support Forums

Full Version: Best way to buy a domain from a person
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I would like to buy some domains off someone but I don't really know how to proceed.
I don't know if it's risky or what, because I might pay him and never get the domain. Also, how will the domain be given, just the security code? Do I need to go to his registar to claim it?

Thank you.
I would never buy domain like that...It's to risky... :S
Then what to do when the domains you want are already registered. You can only do a whois look up and contact the owner this way.
Maybe there are better ways, this is what I'm asking really.
Well if your using Paypal then send as Virtual Goods.
I wouldn't buy a domain like that.
be careful when buying domains for someone.
instead of buying the domain from someone you can backorder the domain from XnYnZ.com they will alert you with all details about the domain you have backordered... in this way the domain will be yours the instant they are available and you need not monitor for each and every change... If the backorder is not successful, you can reassign it to another domain name or request a refund from the support team......
Well usually the current owner of the domain name would transfer the domain name to your registrar account, i.e. GoDaddy. If, however, they are not able to transfer the domain name to your account, the only other possible option which springs to mind would be to give you their domain account. Anyhow, as other members have stated on this thread, it does seem risky. I would just purchase a domain name through a legitimate domain registrar, such as as NameCheap, GoDaddy or DomainMonster.