Support Forums

Full Version: Gift for a certain beautiful friend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

*Although she knows I'm in this forum, she doesn't come here often... Posting as a guest Thumbsup

So guys, I've been having a little crush on my friend for 2 years now... It started in the first week of my freshman year in college, I was totally PHYSICALLY attracted to her. That disappeared for a while though when I got to know her a little more because of that little thing called the "friend zone". I got over it eventually, we hung out like really good buddies (still do), have a couple of drinks sometimes, study together with other friends, and all that friend stuff. It was going great, until we started getting closer. I got a bit afraid that if and when I ultimately fall for her, and it doesn't work out between us, I'll lose her as a friend; I definitely do not want that to happen. So we grew a little distant until I got over the momentary infatuation and got to a comfortable distance with her, she was a bit disappointed, but it all went good; that was until one of my old-time friends started to make a move on her. It bothered me a lot, but of course I didn't show it to either of them. She responded good to his approaches at first but when I slowly started to (sort of) leave the two of them to themselves, she turned him down. So now I'm thinking, "it's my chance", I may never have another one to tell her. Part of me wants to play it safe and stay in the friend zone, but a huge part of me is a gambler (poker lol), and it's telling me to go all-in.

It's her birthday next week, and I'm thinking of something to give her, since I know for a fact that she loves good chocolate, that's what I'm giving her. But I'd like to hear your suggestions like what kind of chocolate, or how I'd give it to her, or what would I tell her, or how I'd tell her, etc...

Thanks guys!
Dude. JUST GIVE HER THE CHOCOLATE.

I'm telling you to confess after giving it to her. The reason why she turned your friend down was obviously because she another persons that she has set her eyes on. Its obvious isn't it? It wouldn't be weird for you to confess to her after all these while, getting along well and stuff. Confess to her before you regret it, before you lose her and that feeling of fustration is really not what you want to experience it. Worst case scenario, both of you becomes friends as the way it was before. There's no way she's not gonna be friends with you after you confessed, that's plain stupid. And even if does not be friends with you then move on because she's not for you then. My hunch tells me she likes you. Both of you like each other, go for it. You have my support.

That gave me a little boost, thanks man!
Ask her out on her birthday, the small token of your affection won't be the thing that wins her over. If she truly does like you the chocolates will be suitable, but since you've know her for a while you should be able to do a bit better than that. Just think about the things she always talks about and her hobbies.
Get her some Swiss chocolate at first and then plan a nice dinner for her. She'll enjoy it.

@Qwazz: You're right, I guess I shouldn't be generic, I'll put a little something more than chocolate. Thanks for that!

@FamousMassacre: Swiss sounds nice, maybe I'll get both dark and swiss chocolate. Thanks to you too!
Everyone gave pretty much great advice. Please post here if it works out well. If any more problems[referring to the girl thing as well as others], please post here or make a new thread. BEST OF LUCK!

Her birthday is only 2 days from now and I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts... I was just wondering if everything can still go back to normal if she rejects me. I don't mind the rejection, I just don't want her to be out of my life...
Take her to a nice restaurant. Give her something with chocolate for dessert. Smile
(07-17-2011, 03:53 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Her birthday is only 2 days from now and I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts... I was just wondering if everything can still go back to normal if she rejects me. I don't mind the rejection, I just don't want her to be out of my life...

If you really really love her, then go ask her out on or after her birthday. I gave this option because on her birthday, she might be too busy with friends or something. By the way, you should probably mention to her that you like her a lot before you ask her out. If you think you can survive by not going out with her then don't risk it. You should seriously try though. And if she DOES reject you, then you could always ask her if you both could forget about it(that you asked her out and all) and that you both pretend it never happened. Hope it works out for you. Best of luck!
PS: Chocolates are a good idea.
PPS: If she says yes to going out with you, you should be ready to spend if need be.
PPPS: Pre-determine where you both will go for a date so it won't be a problem. Take her where you both might be comfortable. Movies, restaurant, picnic, etc. More importantly, make sure SHE likes it/loves it(the place for the date).