Support Forums

Full Version: Sperm and egg donors, anonymit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should donors in cases of assisted conception be covered by anonymity, or should the children involved have the right to know who their biological parents really are? Should the name of the donor be recorded on the birth certificate?
I think that the children have the right to know who their biological parents are. They should also put the donors names on the birth certificate.
They should stay anonymous, I wouldn't want some crazy baby mama after me for a sperm donation.
They shouldn't be anonymous. What happens if the baby winds up having problems and you want to know if it's hereditary?
I Agree, that they have the right to know.
Only if the sperm donor wishes to reveal himself and only if he child wishes to know.
(07-12-2011, 08:14 PM)Qwazz Wrote: [ -> ]They should stay anonymous, I wouldn't want some crazy baby mama after me for a sperm donation.

This, it should be anonymous, I'd be donating because I feel bad for interfile men, not because I want tons of kids ringing me up in 18 years time asking to go for lunch.
I think the donor should have the choice if he wants to be revealed.
If it wasn't anonymous some mothers who couldn't support their baby might find the donor and beg for money and create unwanted situations.