Support Forums

Full Version: need some reassurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

my boyfriend is a marine and he is stationed in Japan for two years. i have always said that i wouldnt date someone in the military or have a long distance relationship. obviously i really love him. being in a long distance relationship is really taking a tole on me, not because i dont trust him, but because he isnt here, yes i knew when i was getting into, i knew it was gonna be hard, i just didnt realize it was going to be THIS hard. this is the first time that he has been out of the country and the longest we will be apart. any advise on how to make this easier?
I think the military offers web-chatting for family members.
Check it out, and you'll be able to chat virtually face-to-face.
(07-09-2011, 03:01 AM)Chick-Fil-A Wrote: [ -> ]I think the military offers web-chatting for family members.

I think he's right. Anyways, there's still the good old letter or telegrams and stuff I suppose. To make it easier, try finding a hobby. Like exercising, swimming, gardening, maybe find some show you're addicted to and start watching it. Get some big fat novels or something and read them. Hang with your friends. I'm sure they can comfort you. Don't worry and stay strong. He obviously would want you to be strong and calm. Sure he's far away, but he WILL come back and until then try to keep yourself busy in some work or the other and before you know it, he'll be back. Best of luck and hope you'll be fine!
Is it possible for you to fly to Japan and stay together?

May I ask which camp or MCAS(base) he is located?

My boyfriend is also a Marine and he is also stationed in Japan, in Camp Fuji, he has been there for about 6 weeks now. Its been really hard because while he was in MOS we talked every single day and now obviously communication is not as often because of the time difference and he is really busy everyday but Skype/ooVoo, Facebook, and email help a ton!! Keeping busy of course also helps alot. Like you I never though this was going to be the kind of relationship I would ever be in but I also love my boyfriend just like you do yours and you can do it. I'm sure he will request leave and will be able to go home for a few days and if he does enjoy those days to the fullest. Talk to other girls who are going through the same situation as you believe me it helps so much. Go out with friends and family. Plan little road trips. Do anything you can to help you get through the days Smile Its hard and I know because I'm in the same situation but things will always get better. You are so much stronger than what you give yourself credit for just keep holding on and keep positive Smile if you want you can email me at soniarmz11@aol.com Smile I'm always here to help out another usmc sister Smile
I know that the Marines offer chat both through phone and face to face. I suggest doing this as much as possible and taking every chance you get to do this. Ive had a few cousins go overseas and it hurt our family not having them there for the holidays. I with you the best of luck.
(07-09-2011, 03:01 AM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]I think the military offers web-chatting for family members.

This. Take your mind off him for awhile. I'm not a girl so I don't necessarily know what girls do but you can gather up some friends and go have a pedicure. Anything that gets your mind off boys, since you don't want to spend straight hours thinking about your boyfriend.