Support Forums

Full Version: How would you make this? Make a car!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Try and make a car that is cheap, fast, reliable, and safe for at the maximum: $10,000

You can use any car(used, because of the price).
What do you mean by that? It comes down to lots of personal preference as well. You could have lots of different types of cars that would be close to as safe as you could get in that price range. Are you looking for a car?
(07-08-2011, 09:57 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by that? It comes down to lots of personal preference as well. You could have lots of different types of cars that would be close to as safe as you could get in that price range. Are you looking for a car?

Well I was trying to see what people would make.

I was going to use them for a reference of what I should get >_<

My mom wants my first car to be a car that will last at least 4(?) years, is safe, newer(2005+) and like $4,000.

I was like -__-

I'm fine with getting a newer car but she doesn't understand that most cars now-a-day can get to at least 200,000 miles. Some diesel trucks(I don't want a truck) can get to a million miles, it just depends on how the car was treated.

P.S. Following me? Tongue
lol I think you should convince your mom to do some more research before getting you to work a miracle deal. If you get a car with those credentials, you're looking at $7000 at the least, and even then, you'd be dealing with mileage issues, rust, engine issues, or anything else of that nature.

4 years is probable, if you understand how to do regular maintenance on it, like changing the oil, antifreeze and all of the other liquids that go into it, along with making sure that parts don't fail like the breaks (drum or disk/front-back).

There's lots of stuff to take into account. Your mom wants the best of both worlds, but isn't using the greatest logic to support her statement.

She wants you to be safe, but she wants to spend the minimum for it.

lol tell her you're getting an electric smart car then. cheap, and tell her how if someone slams into you you'll go flying. (Fact of the day: Smart cars are actually built by the frame so that they reduce the amount of impulse/shock on collision, which actually makes them a bit safer in that regard compared to other vehicles, as the frame is built as if it's one solid piece)

Hmm...

I know YOU want the "speed" part of the first post. That much is obvious.

For $4000 though, you're either going to deal with rust issues on a vehicle, ignition issues (common with sold used vehicles), or mileage over 200 000 miles. Expect one of those.

Not sure what you'd do. For what she wants out of it though, I would say her best bet is closer to at least $6000 for the mid-range expectations that she has for your car.
(07-08-2011, 10:13 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]lol I think you should convince your mom to do some more research before getting you to work a miracle deal. If you get a car with those credentials, you're looking at $7000 at the least, and even then, you'd be dealing with mileage issues, rust, engine issues, or anything else of that nature.

4 years is probable, if you understand how to do regular maintenance on it, like changing the oil, antifreeze and all of the other liquids that go into it, along with making sure that parts don't fail like the breaks (drum or disk/front-back).

There's lots of stuff to take into account. Your mom wants the best of both worlds, but isn't using the greatest logic to support her statement.

She wants you to be safe, but she wants to spend the minimum for it.

lol tell her you're getting an electric smart car then. cheap, and tell her how if someone slams into you you'll go flying. (Fact of the day: Smart cars are actually built by the frame so that they reduce the amount of impulse/shock on collision, which actually makes them a bit safer in that regard compared to other vehicles, as the frame is built as if it's one solid piece)

Hmm...

I know YOU want the "speed" part of the first post. That much is obvious.

For $4000 though, you're either going to deal with rust issues on a vehicle, ignition issues (common with sold used vehicles), or mileage over 200 000 miles. Expect one of those.

Not sure what you'd do. For what she wants out of it though, I would say her best bet is closer to at least $6000 for the mid-range expectations that she has for your car.

True, most teenagers "want speed".

I'm doing a project car as my second car so my first car doesn't have to be anything special Big Grin

It just needs to be a Sedan or Coupe, any ideas?

Disregard the date she put out. What is something that will last me a couple years that is cheap, safe, and reliable? I'd probably be buying it with 100,000 miles already on it. :\
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct...dard=false
Well you've already narrowed it down to what you want, the only thing there is to do is to look around for deals. You're not going to get the same sale's where you live, as compared to where I live, so I can't just simply give you a tag for a specific car, that holds a close estimate of how much you should expect to spend. There may be some generous person here selling a lambo for $100, but it doesn't do you any good since you'd have to ship it, and I wouldn't, and vice versa.

Just start looking
(07-08-2011, 10:40 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Well you've already narrowed it down to what you want, the only thing there is to do is to look around for deals. You're not going to get the same sale's where you live, as compared to where I live, so I can't just simply give you a tag for a specific car, that holds a close estimate of how much you should expect to spend. There may be some generous person here selling a lambo for $100, but it doesn't do you any good since you'd have to ship it, and I wouldn't, and vice versa.

Just start looking
Hell, if it was a $100 Lambo, I'd fly there and drive back.

I'm looking not for an exact price but a car in that price range.
(07-08-2011, 09:33 PM)FamousMassacre Wrote: [ -> ]Try and make a car that is cheap, fast, reliable, and safe for at the maximum: $10,000

You can use any car(used, because of the price).
Well this is a bit difficult to manage a car in $10,000 budget.

I will try for it.

Lets wait and watch!
(07-27-2011, 05:23 AM)sunexim Wrote: [ -> ]Well this is a bit difficult to manage a car in $10,000 budget.

I will try for it.

Lets wait and watch!

Wait and watch? I thought you said you were going to try and give him something that he could afford with that budget?

Quote:I will try for it.

Unless you meant something else?