Support Forums

Full Version: Help :o
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and my girlfriend have known each other for about two years to 3 now..

Weve only been dating for a few months, and we are "Sexually active" but my parents hate her. They think shes a whore and trash because they have seen things shes said sexually to me over chats. They arent letting me hang out with her on anything. She told me to get a real girl, but the thing is i love this girl and i dont wanna leave her.

What should i do? I am 16, and she lives an hour away. Also, shes not a whore, we just love each other.. Alot.. I dont know what to do, i want to stay with her wether my parents like it or not.

And ive tried telling them shes not a whore anf that were dating so i see nothing wrong with it. but.. they dont listen.

So.. what to do... Huh
Well the final decision is up to you. There are two roads people generally go in this situation.
1. You continue to chat, skype, IM or whatever you do with her behind your parents backs. If you have a license and a car you make dates and lie to your parents about where you're going, or what you're doing. Now long term relationships get messed easily due to the few face to face seeings and other temptations. With this route there can also be troubles with your parents creating further problems.
2. The other option is to break up with the girl and tell her the reason, or make your parents explain it to her. Now although you will be heartbroken, you will make your parents happy and save yourself from a lot of future problems.

Now the decision is ultimately yours, and don't let anyone else choose for you, but I'd suggest thinking your choice through thoroughly.
Thanks. Anybody else have any more to offer?
Your parents are probably doing this because they think she'll just dump you if she gets bored with you or something and don't want you to get hurt so don't get angry at them. If you're sure about this girl then you can keep trying to persuade your parents, then tell them you love her a lot and to let you two be together. Convince them your positive she's not a whore. But before you do this, try to get them in a happier mood. Tell your gf to be patient and not contact you and stay away for the time being so they won't notice. To get them into a happier mood: Do chores around the house and step up on your studying. Get awesome grades and make them really happy. Also show yourself as independent and intelligent. Show them you can make decisions and not bad ones, that you're not a fool and when you do something, you can do it right. This will make them trust the fact that you can handle yourself and that what you say is the truth. Btw be Honest at all times or at least do your best to. While doing all this to keep your relationship alive you could leave messages for each other but not chat online. Try and it could all blow over the right side up. XD Best of luck!
Break up with her. Your parents know better than you know most likely, though you don't realize. If you're having sex all the time @16 then you're probably going to be a dad while in college and then end up hitting a dead end